ADVERTISEMENT

Flat Panel TVs

Off the main topic a little bit, but I'm looking for a 23" or 24" for my bedroom that is a monitor/tv. I've been looking at the Samsung B2330HD/B2430HD. Any thought on this.

Originally posted by Gmoney4WW:
Off the main topic a little bit, but I'm looking for a 23" or 24" for my bedroom that is a monitor/tv. I've been looking at the Samsung B2330HD/B2430HD. Any thought on this.

Those are fine units. I would personally pony up the bucks and get an LED monitor instead of LCD though. Assuming it gets regular use, you will more than make up the extra initial cost over the life of the monitor due to how much less energy it's using. Not to mention it'll typically be a brighter picture, and is much thinner and lighter.

If you can't tell, the overarching theme of this thread is "2Poor heart LED"

2poor, any suggestions on an led monitor that has a tuner built in. Also, I like the pip ability of the samsung lcd monitors I mentioned. Thanks for the input.

Another question. I will be sitting 8 to 9 feet from the TV. Is 46" too much screen or about right? 42" maybe?
This post was edited on 10/24 12:30 PM by HurricanePops

The only thing I would add to the above discussion is to try and compare the TVs yourself, in person, if you can. Everyone's perception is different. Whe I bought mine a few years back I spent an entire afternoon in RC Willy comparing different TVs. In the end it came down to a choice between a Sharp 60 Hz and a Sharp 120 Hz, the fastest refresh rare at the time. I had them play the same programming on both TVs side by side, an NFL game and an action movie (Transformers if I remember correctly) and I couldnt tell the difference between the two although I know others can. The price difference was significant so I went with the 60 Hz and haven't regretted it. Mine is a 65" and I sit about 12 feet away and it's not too big.

Originally posted by HurricanePops:
Another question. I will be sitting 8 to 9 feet from the TV. Is 46" too much screen or about right? 42" maybe?
This post was edited on 10/24 12:30 PM by HurricanePops

I'm about that far from my screen, and 46" is about perfect.

Originally posted by Gmoney4WW:
2poor, any suggestions on an led monitor that has a tuner built in. Also, I like the pip ability of the samsung lcd monitors I mentioned. Thanks for the input.

I have no suggestions on models for you, unfortunately. All I have are those small tidbits of info I dropped. Monitors were in the PC department, which was like a foreign land to me.

Originally posted by TUMe:
^ ^ ^ Listen to the expert.

Chiming in. I bought about the same thing in more like the 42", little cheaper and it was going in a corner. Samsung, sounds the same other than the size. Had mine a year. Bought at Best Buy. Great picture. I don't usually buy service plans, but these aren't something Joe comes out a fixes. If it breaks you probably get a new one.
Hey TUMe...your thoughts. My son insists that a 42" is more than adequate in a small room viewing from 8'. What has been your experience? I might go that route.

Pops, just found this on amazon and thought of you. It's the daily deal and they have a 42 inch panasonic LED for 549.00 which is 50% off. Great deal it looks like. It is 1080p. Maybe 2poor can give you some input on whether it is a wise investment. The link is below.

Amazon Daily Deal

Originally posted by BigRedStevo:
Pops, just found this on amazon and thought of you. It's the daily deal and they have a 42 inch panasonic LED for 549.00 which is 50% off. Great deal it looks like. It is 1080p. Maybe 2poor can give you some input on whether it is a wise investment. The link is below.
Thanks, BigRed...I'm gonna pursue the details/specs.

Originally posted by HurricanePops:

Originally posted by TUMe:
^ ^ ^ Listen to the expert.

Chiming in. I bought about the same thing in more like the 42", little cheaper and it was going in a corner. Samsung, sounds the same other than the size. Had mine a year. Bought at Best Buy. Great picture. I don't usually buy service plans, but these aren't something Joe comes out a fixes. If it breaks you probably get a new one.
Hey TUMe...your thoughts. My son insists that a 42" is more than adequate in a small room viewing from 8'. What has been your experience? I might go that route.

I went from a 32 inch traditional TV to a 42 inch wide screen. It looks big enough to me. Mostly I just love the increase in detail. Every wave on the water, every leave on the tree. You get the idea. For me it's plenty big and I don't have great eys.

In the market for a tv now, thus thread is great. For the amazon fans out there, can a non pro install a 42 or 46 inch tv on the wall? Or do you need a pro to do it? If so, who does that if you buy amazon? Will Geeks do it, and will they charge you double? If you wall mount what do you do with your cable box? Forgive the stupidity, our main tv now is a 32 inch non flat screen (remember when the screens curved?) it's about 3 feet deep too, prolly from 1999 or so.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by chito_and_leon:
In the market for a tv now, thus thread is great. For the amazon fans out there, can a non pro install a 42 or 46 inch tv on the wall? Or do you need a pro to do it? If so, who does that if you buy amazon? Will Geeks do it, and will they charge you double? If you wall mount what do you do with your cable box? Forgive the stupidity, our main tv now is a 32 inch non flat screen (remember when the screens curved?) it's about 3 feet deep too, prolly from 1999 or so.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

If you have help from another person you can do it yourself, it isn't that hard, although it can get awkward with a TV that size, which is why you need a friend IMO. Idk about any installation service through Amazon, I know Best Buy does offer wall mounting through Geek Squad, but you'll pay a lot for it, especially if you didn't get the TV there. Cable box usually sits on your entertainment center below the TV, along with your Bluray player and at least 2 gaming systems.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT