ADVERTISEMENT

Flanders: AAC Offensive Player of the Week

TU_BLA

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2012
Tulsa, OK
As anticipated, Flanders was named offensive POW for the AAC for his 249 yards rushing 5TDs against Memphis. Heck, I thought he was deserving last week for his 190 yds and 2 TDs. TU now boasts the 2 leading rushers in conference with Brewer and Flanders (yards per game at 114 and 112 respectively).

As anticipated, Flanders was named offensive POW for the AAC for his 249 yards rushing 5TDs against Memphis. Heck, I thought he was deserving last week for his 190 yds and 2 TDs. TU now boasts the 2 leading rushers in conference with Brewer and Flanders (yards per game at 114 and 112 respectively).

The modern day version of the Palamino Express of Gunter and Lacy.

It's more amazing because we're not an offense designed around the run. It's just kind of happened that way.

OK, so Flanders graduates after this year. I guess we get that Ramadi Warren guy back to take his place. That's pretty nice in and of itself.

What ever happened to President running the wildcat every now and then? That guy looked like Usain Bolt out there.

I've never really enjoyed watching a particular player over the years,just the team as a whole. Well, there was Billy Cole, a holy terror on special teams back in the early '90's and Kazadi, the 0ne-armed LB who played better than most LB's with 2 healthy arms. But, I swear, James Flanders is an absolute joy to watch! Whether it's a loss of one,a gain of one, 12 yards or 40 for a TD, this kid just pops up, tosses the ball back to the ref & is ready to rock the next play.

Maybe he doesn't have the cutting ability or vision of a D. Brewer, but he will hit the hole & run over your butt on his way through the line with very good,but not great, straight line speed. What A Playa!!! TU Football: 1st,last,always!

I'm very happy for Flanders because he came in as a speed back and had lots of issues with injuries which kept him on the bench or in the training room. Lots of people would have become frustrated and quit but James worked hard built up his strength and now he's a power back with over 1000 yards so far this season.

I've never really enjoyed watching a particular player over the years,just the team as a whole. Well, there was Billy Cole, a holy terror on special teams back in the early '90's and Kazadi, the 0ne-armed LB who played better than most LB's with 2 healthy arms. But, I swear, James Flanders is an absolute joy to watch! Whether it's a loss of one,a gain of one, 12 yards or 40 for a TD, this kid just pops up, tosses the ball back to the ref & is ready to rock the next play.

Maybe he doesn't have the cutting ability or vision of a D. Brewer, but he will hit the hole & run over your butt on his way through the line with very good,but not great, straight line speed. What A Playa!!! TU Football: 1st,last,always!
Ha. On one play Saturday it took 5 or 6 ECU players to stop him after about a 10 yard gain - afterwards 3 of those guys had to be helped off the field.

Ha. On one play Saturday it took 5 or 6 ECU players to stop him after about a 10 yard gain - afterwards 3 of those guys had to be helped off the field.

He leaves a trail of mangled bodies in his wake! And the guy is all grins and humility after a win in an interview. This season has gone by way to fast... When we're winning games, it flies by. When we were losing a few seasons ago, time stood still.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT