ADVERTISEMENT

Fire this moron now

It sucks but, that will get attention.

Tonight was outstanding. We played top 25 team on their home field into 3 OT’s.

But, our head coach made some terrible decisions again when it mattered. We did not lose a game because of defense or because of player effort.

We lost the game because we made terrible decisions offensively late in the game when it mattered most.

It was weird because he went from playing not to lose in the 4th, which we complain about, to playing to win big.

That was absolutely the wrong decision in the game when needed three points to win in the fourth quarter or in the second 0T.

I’m so confused on what his mentality is at this point. You usually know what to expect (play to not lose) but tonight, he just went the wrong way at the wrong times.

It was like he was trying to appease the critics and didn’t have his head in the actual football late in the game tonight.

I work in a high-pressure industry where sometimes you just have to tell people they aren't cut out for it and they need to find something else to do for a living. As they say, sometimes it is what it is...

I work in a high-pressure industry where sometimes you just have to tell people they aren't cut out for it and they need to find something else to do for a living. As they say, sometimes it is what it is...

I will say it for the last time, mostly because this game made it painfully obvious. Monty needed to hire an OC. He struggles with situational play calling and clock management. It is only compounded because he is trying to run the offense instead of looking the overall game strategy.

We hired a guy determined to prove he was an OC as a head coach. Good man, currently a bad OC and HC. Good luck to you Monty but you are clearly not the man for this job.

Hire Graham. Bring in the Milkman to unleash the offensive talent, keep the defensive staff mostly intact as they continue to look excellent and let's move on.

He’s doing fine where he’s at, but his special teams may be worse than what we saw tonight.
Wish he could have translated his coaching abilities in the high school arena, at the D1 level. He sure as heck is a great HS coach. He was king at Union, now he's king at Owasso.(with a few less resources than at Union, and a few less 'recruits' to boot)

Wish he could have translated his coaching abilities in the high school arena, at the D1 level. He sure as heck is a great HS coach. He was king at Union, now he's king at Owasso.(with a few less resources than at Union, and a few less 'recruits' to boot)

Oh he still recruits a few key players, but the main difference now is that no local kids are heading down south.

I dont miss blank at all... He was the phillips of football, wanted to win, just couldn't get it done. The hiring of his son as OC was a huge middle finger to us as fans and a complete waist of money.

I dont miss blank at all... He was the phillips of football, wanted to win, just couldn't get it done. The hiring of his son as OC was a huge middle finger to us as fans and a complete waist of money.

Blankenship’s salary plus his kids salary didn’t equal what we are wasting on Monty’s salary, even when adjusted for inflation. And Blank won more games.

Reactions: TU 1978
No mid-season firing. It did not help us one iota with Rader's replacement.
Yeah, the President/AD might be responsible for that more so than the midseason aspect of it. I really think it would be good if only for the fact of giving Gillespie a trial run. Of course all the talk/rumors about the schools financial difficulties would have time to swirl around with the possible interested parties in coaching for us during the next couple of months. Also the players would have more time to contemplate transfers during that time. One big negative, one big positive, and one pseudo neutral.(Hiring Gillespie would psuedo help the recruits consider transfers a little less, with the temporary continuity of Gillespie at the helm.) Another positive though is TU making a firm decision on the issue, and not letting it continue any further.(Showing some balls.)

Gillespie is a life long friend of Monty so that would be awkward.

An interim makes sense if there’s a chance to go bowling and you know for sure you might improve.

You can begin a search without letting him go. It’s one of the few justifications for the cost of an outside search firm. It’s time to do that now.

Gillespie is a life long friend of Monty so that would be awkward.

An interim makes sense if there’s a chance to go bowling and you know for sure you might improve.

You can begin a search without letting him go. It’s one of the few justifications for the cost of an outside search firm. It’s time to do that now.

And if the history of past searches reported on here is correct with omissions or better candidates, then the search firm process will probably screw the pooch again.

I don’t want them either, but they were a better deal than the wonder from Baylor.

Sorry I meant I don’t want either head coach. We aren’t getting our $1.7m/year worth with Montgomery.

I’m ready to move on to a new coach, I just really hope TU doesn’t TU this next one up, but I have little faith in anything positive happening at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT