ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Monty

whats everyone’s opinion about Jake Spavital grew up with him in his brother just throwing it out there

Agree except QB and WR, the two positions in the modern game you must recruit to win.

This is the bottom line for a school the size of TU. Malzahn knew it took something crazy different for TU to get exciting athletes to come here and he enticed them with the nation's best offense. A great QB and great receivers corp is possible at TU even though we can't compete at several other positions. Kids need an exciting reason to come here.

whats everyone’s opinion about Jake Spavital grew up with him in his brother just throwing it out there
Was too big in his mind for TU awhile back. Going 7-21 at Texas State might change that. At which point, no thanks.

Reactions: LMGRA
As for this thread, I don’t see anyone using the hashtag #FireMonty. It’s all over Facebook and other platforms. It may not always mean what you all think it means. 😁

Anybody think Monty might do a better job if he wore a bucket hat on the sidelines? Maybe we can get a hold on this book for him? I'm sure they have a section on CLOCK MANAGEMENT!

DrZLJsJVsAEU80s.jpg

I would suspect that’s where he was trying to throw it but the accuracy was lacking. He’s got a mean arm when his feet are set and he can get his body into it. That’s no always the case with our line and the play call.

BTW, noticeably missing was that ridiculous tactic of having the offensive line form up heavy and forward on their stance and spaced for a run and then having President/Skipper/Smith struggle to back foot a throw to a WR in traffic for an incompletion. So there’s improvement there ... if we don’t see that high school stuff again.
Zach Hanson. The line play has improved 75% over last year in just one game and a few practices.

the part don't understand is, if your job is on the line, don't you get aggressive and have a "go for it" attitude? I don't see the impetus to get this train moving that I have needed to see the past couple of years.

Do you just sit there, stay the same, and get canned? or do something about it on offense? we certaintly didn't "go for much" near the end of the game Saturday, IMO

Reactions: HuffyCane
He must not think the university will fire him. Doubt he even feels the heat.
The story I get is that the demeanor is “I’m gonna do what I do and I don’t care what happens. Your problems are your problems. If your problems cause me not to win, it’s not my job to change what I’m doing to over come those circumstances. And it’s not my fault we are losing. Pay me.”

Reactions: maverickfp
The story I get is that the demeanor is “I’m gonna do what I do and I don’t care what happens. Your problems are your problems. If your problems cause me not to win, it’s not my job to change what I’m doing to over come those circumstances. And it’s not my fault we are losing. Pay me.”
When you get paid over a million a year to coach a game, it kind of is your job to overcome

What would his buyout be after this year we probably can’t afford it anyway.

We gotta start putting language into contracts that reduces buyouts for year over year poor performance.
Nobody will sign them, especially with our history of budget cuts, up/down years, and spending compared to our conference partners. It’s been tried dozens of times. Almost no takers.

We gotta stop offering multi-year deals to guys who barely beat Tulane on a fluke turnover and get bowl eligible, because we think he might be good and we don’t want to feel small if he leaves us behind.
FIFY

Nobody will sign them, especially with our history of budget cuts, up/down years, and spending compared to our conference partners. It’s been tried dozens of times. Almost no takers.
I simply can’t believe that. You would at least know that the guy who signs it has every incentive to do well hear over year instead of just getting the guarantee.
The HC’g market is so screwed up because of the Sabans and Gundies of the world.

four year contracts to new head coaches...either they suck and we will move on, or they will be up and gone and we will find the next one!

four year contracts to new head coaches...either they suck and we will move on, or they will be up and gone and we will find the next one!
I have no problem with the next man up mentality that served our basketball program well along with the Kraghtorpe and Graham succession. Find me a young hungry coach who wants to move up and is going to grind every day to get that opportunity. When we take the easy way out to find someone who'll stay, there's a reason they will stay.

the part don't understand is, if your job is on the line, don't you get aggressive and have a "go for it" attitude? I don't see the impetus to get this train moving that I have needed to see the past couple of years.

Do you just sit there, stay the same, and get canned? or do something about it on offense? we certaintly didn't "go for much" near the end of the game Saturday, IMO
Or.. you hire your kid to be a coordinator..

Wait .. wrong coach.

Or.. you hire your kid to be a coordinator..

Wait .. wrong coach.
You know that’s coming right? I bet GA at first, but then staff. No different than Graham but without the Notre Dame win or national ranking.

No different than most parents. If your son grew up loving the game, playing the game, has a high football IQ, and a desire to make it his life’s work who wouldn’t give him the opportunity if he could. I firmly believe I would be in jail beside Aunt Becky if I had the money and my kids needed help... 😬😬

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT