ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Everyone

If you fire the coaches, you're still stuck with the same group of players. Hard to win any game when you turn the ball over 3 times in the 1st quarter. We don't have a passing QB, or a rushing QB, or much of a QB at all...

Reactions: maverickfp
We should be bowling next year , if not, he should be canned , these are Monty’s players playing with a Monty attitude , they have quit
You don't can a coach after 2 seasons. 3 is the minimum. You do that and the next coach will be an even worse hire, becuz nobody wants the to take a chance they will be out that quick.

You don't can a coach after 2 seasons. 3 is the minimum. You do that and the next coach will be an even worse hire, becuz nobody wants the to take a chance they will be out that quick.
Problem is that we may be left behind by then. It may become irrelevant.

Problem is that we may be left behind by then. It may become irrelevant.
Losing to Rice and FAU, we might already be irrelevant. If the fans feel as deflated as we do after watching the guys lose those two games... Just feels like the program is in a really dark place

you guys sound ridiculous. Monty left behind absolute garbage talent wise because he had quit recruiting. Have you seen Wilson’s incoming class? It’s awesome. We are starting a freaking walk on at linebacker, enough said.

Reactions: TU 1978
we can still go 6-6. win char, nt ecu lose to smu and tulane
Right now 6-6 would be a miracle for this team . As much as people despised Montgomery
coaching , I never saw his teams lay down and quit as bad as last Thursday night . If Wilson's
players don't care then why should I ? The defensive line was non-existent ( Rice's QB could
have boiled an egg and still hit any receiver he wanted) and the O-Line did nothing all night .
TU football has become the "Old Rice" where everyone wants them for their homecoming .

Reactions: TulsaFan2000
Fortunately I was out of town for Rice and didn't follow the game. The whole situation seems bizarre to me. Seemed like after Temple, we figured out who we were and what the recipe was for us to be successful, and then we decided to do something completely different the next 2 games. Why would we do that?

Fortunately I was out of town for Rice and didn't follow the game. The whole situation seems bizarre to me. Seemed like after Temple, we figured out who we were and what the recipe was for us to be successful, and then we decided to do something completely different the next 2 games. Why would we do that?
Also, what happened to our D? Other than the two top-5 teams where they got beat up, they've kept us in every game and haven't given up many points. Then Rice (RICE??) bitch slaps them?

Also, what happened to our D? Other than the two top-5 teams where they got beat up, they've kept us in every game and haven't given up many points. Then Rice (RICE??) bitch slaps them?
They looked vulnerable in game one.

A
Our Defense really isn’t talented. We’ve been shredded by teams with good QBs. Let the talent be upgraded
Agreed , our defense is fcs level, we really need to hit the portal hard on defense this year
( offense too, but defense especially)

A

Agreed , our defense is fcs level, we really need to hit the portal hard on defense this year
( offense too, but defense especially)
They have kept us in a lot of games. You guys are way harder on our defense than they deserve. A couple of good corners, and they wouldn't look that bad. Nunu Campbell will get better, he is young.

They have kept us in a lot of games. You guys are way harder on our defense than they deserve. A couple of good corners, and they wouldn't look that bad. Nunu Campbell will get better, he is young.
They're not inclined to let facts disrupt a good bitch session. Until Rice, the D had been good all year (not including the two top-5 teams). They'd only given up like 4 long scoring drives total before Rice. As you say, they kept us all the prior games. That's what makes Rice so hard to understand.

They're not inclined to let facts disrupt a good bitch session. Until Rice, the D had been good all year (not including the two top-5 teams). They'd only given up like 4 long scoring drives total before Rice. As you say, they kept us all the prior games. That's what makes Rice so hard to understand.
What disappointed me against Rice is they looked like they just quit. Look back at the FAU game and it seemed like they forgot how to tackle. We are starting to learn Temple is pretty awful, NIUs offense was terrible when we played them as well. Do I think we are headed in the wrong direction? Absolutely not , I think we are bringing in some quality players that will elevate both sides of the ball, right now though , the talent just isn’t where we need it to be . Just my opinion though , I hope we win the rest!

What disappointed me against Rice is they looked like they just quit. Look back at the FAU game and it seemed like they forgot how to tackle. We are starting to learn Temple is pretty awful, NIUs offense was terrible when we played them as well. Do I think we are headed in the wrong direction? Absolutely not , I think we are bringing in some quality players that will elevate both sides of the ball, right now though , the talent just isn’t where we need it to be . Just my opinion though , I hope we win the rest!
I agree 100% on Rice. Completely baffling.

FAU, I think you're being unfair to the D. They only gave up 2 long drives (one TD and one FG), the other 2 scoring drives were 41 yards and 26 yards, and gave up a total of 378 yards. It's asking a lot of the D to do much better than that, if we give them a long field to defend, they just haven't given up many points before Rice. And it's a lot of pressure knowing you have to be close to perfect for us to have a chance with an offense that struggles to get to 20 points and often gives up short fields.

I'm not saying our D is great, I'm just saying they're not our main problem, they're an order of magnitude better than our offense.

I agree 100% on Rice. Completely baffling.

FAU, I think you're being unfair to the D. They only gave up 2 long drives (one TD and one FG), the other 2 scoring drives were 41 yards and 26 yards, and gave up a total of 378 yards. It's asking a lot of the D to do much better than that, if we give them a long field to defend, they just haven't given up many points before Rice. And it's a lot of pressure knowing you have to be close to perfect for us to have a chance with an offense that struggles to get to 20 points and often gives up short fields.

I'm not saying our D is great, I'm just saying they're not our main problem, they're an order of magnitude better than our offense.
Good points

DB’s aren’t great but D is solid.
They’re fighting against 3 and outs and 3 turnovers a game by the offense.
They still aren’t prepared for the opponents first drive or two though.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
This team shouldn’t be this bad with the talent there is. And old man Wilson doesn’t know how to use the portal. I guess we need to hope Marion is available in a couple more years

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT