ADVERTISEMENT

End the filibuster?

His analysis was pretty accurate. His daily polls had fluctuations but averaged Biden 51% over the last several weeks. Here’s his analysis the day before. Biden received 51% btw.

They also had Trump’s approval rating at 51% the day he left office, not long after the January 6. Which is hard to believe considering how he lost, and how he was being impeached again, and how a semi significant number of Republicans had voiced their disapproval after January 6th.

They rarely dropped his approval rating below the mid 40’s during his entire presidency despite the fact that even a lot of republicans who voted for him didn’t particularly like him but just hated Democratic ideals more.

Pretty crazy that he received over 11M more votes in 2020 than 2016. Goes to show you that extremely bad behavior will drive people out to vote against you. Trump drove Dem turnout in 2020.

Article addresses much of what we’re discussing. From the typical pro Biden Bloomberg.

Voting rights are very much a tangential issue for everyone but politicians. The real change inBiden’s approval happened as a result of the federal mandate which was understandably divisive.

In all honesty, I don’t know how you would argue that aside from that one voting rights bill that his administration has been anything but middle of the road… as a progressive myself, he certainly hasn’t accomplished much that I had hoped for (though much of that was shot down by Manchin)

Even if the left was able to get rid of the filibuster they would still be unlikely to pass anything because of a couple of conservative Democrats.

Blaming a president a year into office dealing with the hangover from the previous presidency seems to be the another element of the new normal. But even media savvy presidents can only amplify what is already there; they are not the root cause. Maybe we should all look in the mirror and at our own behavior?

Why do you continue to ignore that Biden proves daily that he is totally unaware where he is. He talks about "President Harris." This week has been a total disaster for him and his plans. Blame Trump all you want. I hope he doesn't comeback. But no one can govern based on only not being someone else. Only one year...of botched peace agreements in Afghanistan, inflation, open borders, there is plenty more but it is beating a dead horse.

33 percent approval tends to indicate that this is not idle talk. Biden is both incompetent and senile.

Why do you continue to ignore that Biden proves daily that he is totally unaware where he is. He talks about "President Harris." This week has been a total disaster for him and his plans. Blame Trump all you want. I hope he doesn't comeback. But no one can govern based on only not being someone else. Only one year...of botched peace agreements in Afghanistan, inflation, open borders, there is plenty more but it is beating a dead horse.

33 percent approval tends to indicate that this is not idle talk. Biden is both incompetent and senile.
Everything you mentioned in that statement maybe barring open borders were things handed to Biden from the Trump administration. To some degree, poor outcomes were guaranteed. You can't blame Biden or his admin for seeing inflation that the rest of the world is seeing too.

When production is shut down from various supply chains either due to market economics during lockdowns, or due to the lockdowns themselves, then inflation is going to happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: watu05
the dems claim the rep are against people voting so they concocted this campaign.
Well, you were trying to throw out thousands upon thousands of votes in key states so you could swing an election in your favor, and yout tried to prevent people from voting in a manner that increased their safety during a period of contagion that killed thousands upon thousands. So yea.... that claim has been throw around.... (that's before we even start talking about closing polling places, making excessively restrictive registration rules, etc....)

Everything you mentioned in that statement maybe barring open borders were things handed to Biden from the Trump administration. To some degree, poor outcomes were guaranteed. You can't blame Biden or his admin for seeing inflation that the rest of the world is seeing too.

When production is shut down from various supply chains either due to market economics during lockdowns, or due to the lockdowns themselves, then inflation is going to happen.
Our inflation numbers continue to run a good 2 points under Europe. Can we blame Biden for those 2 points? Can we blame Biden for stating he sees no high inflation on the horizon two months after I predicted it on this board? How is that not incompetence? Maybe we should have started taking steps to lessen the supply chain effects back in March-April? Reduce printing money? We still have no real plan here much like Covid. Other than coming out with a Omicron shot after the fact.

do i what? you made a statement, but provide no facts to back it up.
I didn't make a statement about anything, I just questioned if you have any facts to back up your statement, since you were asking aston to back up his statements with 'facts'.

"the dems claim the rep are against people voting so they concocted this campaign."

You rarely ever back your generalized statements up with fact, you just throw out your wacky opinions with no justification. And the rare times you back your statement up with any supposed facts, they aren't really facts, and/or can be poked through, or proven irrelevant.

The reason they want to curtail voting restrictions, is because the general votes that will come from eased voter restrictions will be democrats. There aren't many republicans who don't vote because of tough voter restrictions.

If you are the first one to make a fact less supposition, it is you who should back it up with facts, before asking someone else to back their response to you with facts. What is good for the response gander, is good for the supposition goose.

Last edited:
Biden's approval tanked during our great national shame in Afghanistan and it hasn't recovered yet. People have / will forget about Afghanistan, but the resulting general feeling that he and his administration is incompetent will be hard to shake. He was elected to be a contrast to the previous bumbling leader and he has stunningly been just as inept and nearly as gaffe prone.

Last edited:
More dumb. The thing I find interesting about the 2-3 politicians repeating this language is there’s virtually no constituency for it. No one actually believes anything going on with elections is anything like Jim Crow. It seems specifically designed to offend people and nothing else. It’s odd.

Reactions: GoldenCaneKC
Gotta cry racism to get the base to come out and vote in midterms. Happens every election cycle. Ironically 78% of African Americans and 84% of Hispanics support Voter ID laws. Maybe a compromise which makes voting easier but also requires an ID to verify the person voting is who they say they are?

Reactions: drboobay
Gotta cry racism to get the base to come out and vote in midterms. Happens every election cycle. Ironically 78% of African Americans and 84% of Hispanics support Voter ID laws. Maybe a compromise which makes voting easier but also requires an ID to verify the person voting is who they say they are?

Thats pretty much what the law in Georgia did. Established minimum polling hours, expanded the number of voting days, made voting drop boxes permanent rather than a temporary pandemic measure. But because voter ID was included, people couldn’t give water directly to people in line (has to be given to poll workers for dispersal), and there weren’t as many drop boxes as there were at the height of the pandemic it had to be called Jim Crow.

Yes that is the reasonable alternative.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Denying that there is any reason for the tack that the Republican party has taken to suppress voters is just turning a blind eye to literally everything they've done since the Nixon administration.

Denying that there is any reason for the tack that the Republican party has taken to suppress voters is just turning a blind eye to literally everything they've done since the Nixon administration.

Your post is Jim Crow

Every effort to drive up negative ratings on a political candidate is an attempt to suppress the vote. Let’s at least be honest here.

I have a cousin who has worked on House, Senate and Presidential campaigns over the past 30 years out of DC. I can assure you limiting the votes cast by the opposition’s base is every bit as important as getting people to vote for your candidate.

Gallup poll out today has Biden’s approval rating sitting at 33% among independents fwiw. I know you have issues with Ras and Quinn

Last edited:
Donald Trump was tremendously effective at suppressing the votes of his own voters in 2020 and then later against his party’s Senate candidates in GA. So there’s that

Doing everything he can to embarrass the people who voted for him it seems. This is all to set up a performance in November where Dems get to blame getting murdered in the midterms on “voter suppression.” It’s stolen election nonsense approaching Trump levels of stupid

Last edited:
Reactions: GoldenCaneKC
Actually the real attack on the credibility of the federal government started with Reagan. Today Nixon would have been tarred and feathered and run out of the Republican party: EPA, Clean Air Act, OSHA, Marine Mammals Protection Act, and opening up relations with China to name a few. Gives one an idea of how far right the POT has moved since.

WATU….am I correct in assuming you’re outraged at the current POTUS stating this upcoming election could easily be illegitimate ? Assume as much given your past posts on the subject.

Karistan Seinama didnt vote the way the dens wanted her to, so now they are going to BULLY her. m I thought BULLYING was bad.

You mean like they’re continuing to bully one of their most conservative members, Cheney for not goose stepping behind Trump?

You mean like they’re continuing to bully one of their most conservative members, Cheney for not goose stepping behind Trump?
Arizona Dems are censoring her for not supporting an end to the filibuster. 😂😂😂😂😂.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT