ADVERTISEMENT

Dr. Seuss cancelled.

The Soup Nazi episode of Seinfeld is soon to be banned from reruns.

“One of the most challenged books on record is the Harry Potter series, which topped the aggregated 2000-2009 ranking of the decade. J.K. Rowling's book series about the school years of a young magician fighting against the forces of dark magic, extremism and racism in the wizardry world has faced numerous calls for censorship from some Christian religious leaders who disapprove of the magical world and condemned the books as satanic.

J.K. Rowling recently faced calls to burn her books by supporters of President Donald Trump angered at the author's criticism of the U.S. leader on Twitter—though it wouldn't have been the first time the novels had been set alight.”

“One of the most challenged books on record is the Harry Potter series, which topped the aggregated 2000-2009 ranking of the decade. J.K. Rowling's book series about the school years of a young magician fighting against the forces of dark magic, extremism and racism in the wizardry world has faced numerous calls for censorship from some Christian religious leaders who disapprove of the magical world and condemned the books as satanic.

J.K. Rowling recently faced calls to burn her books by supporters of President Donald Trump angered at the author's criticism of the U.S. leader on Twitter—though it wouldn't have been the first time the novels had been set alight.”
Fascist always advocate for controlling the narrative. That’s how they rise and keep their power.

Ok, now this one makes no sense at all. I read a lot of Dr Seuss books to my kids at bedtime, first of all most of them make no sense whatsoever, secondly a majority of the characters aren’t human or real animals.

Just dumb dumb dumb.

Fun fact: Dr. Seuss never had any children of his own and was glad. He didn’t particularly like children, but he wrote his books because he wanted the country to become more literate, well and make lots of money.

Reactions: Gold*
Ok, now this one makes no sense at all. I read a lot of Dr Seuss books to my kids at bedtime, first of all most of them make no sense whatsoever, secondly a majority of the characters aren’t human or real animals.

Just dumb dumb dumb.

Fun fact: Dr. Seuss never had any children of his own and was glad. He didn’t particularly like children, but he wrote his books because he wanted the country to become more literate, well and make lots of money.
If you can erase the identity of a culture, it becomes easier to enslave them. Eliminating books and monuments is all part of their Plan!

I'm still not going to eat green eggs and ham.

Just dumb dumb dumb.

Most of this story Is absolute bull crap. His own estate is pulling a few books. Evidently Dr. Seuss himself found them offensive and/or just not very good. They are all lesser works.

This gets transmuted into “Dr. Seuss is canceled.” That’s just not real. My daughter just completed Dr. Seuss week at her school. Kids will still read these books.

If you hear someone say something is canceled, so some checking. It’s probably crap. This is mostly a way for stupid white people to feel better about their miserable lives that long ago missed the plot.

Most of this story Is absolute bull crap. His own estate is pulling a few books. Evidently Dr. Seuss himself found them offensive and/or just not very good. They are all lesser works.

This gets transmuted into “Dr. Seuss is canceled.” That’s just not real. My daughter just completed Dr. Seuss week at her school. Kids will still read these books.

If you hear someone say something is canceled, so some checking. It’s probably crap. This is mostly a way for stupid white people to feel better about their miserable lives that long ago missed the plot.
So do you care that eBay is not allowing sales of those books because they apparently now violate its “Offensive Content” policy?

So do you care that eBay is not allowing sales of those books because they apparently now violate its “Offensive Content” policy?

No. I don’t know if that’s true and even if it is, that’s their right. They are a private entity. SFW.

No. I don’t know if that’s true and even if it is, that’s their right. They are a private entity. SFW.
I didn’t say anything about their rights. I asked if it bothered you. It bothers me because I don’t think they exercised their rights in good faith or in good judgment.

Also, what does SFW mean?

Last edited:
Book banning is the equivalent of modern day book burning 🔥 Hard to justify some of these moves when they still distribute books like Mein Kampf.

It is true, they’re not allowing the 6 books that Dr Seuss Enterprise has removed from production.

I agree it is their right to do as they please. It blows me away, though, how corporations react so quickly, and in extreme measures to sensational news.

Reactions: TUMe and Gmoney4WW
Yet eBay allows Mein Kampf to be sold. A book which paved the way for the genocide of millions of men, women and children and is still cited today by various extremist groups. Strange times indeed.

I didn’t say anything about their rights. I asked if it bothered you. It bothers me because I don’t think they exercised their rights in good faith or in good judgment.

Also, what does SFW mean?

This is a waste of time. That’s all that bothers me. People are being misled to further stoke rage over an estate self editing. That’s what bothers me.

Google exists for a reason.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT