ADVERTISEMENT

Disappointed

goldenhurricane2

I.T.S. Head Coach
Gold Member
Sep 9, 2006
Even though we're having a little bit of a rebuild this year, I expect better than what we saw today. We lost to a doo doo New Mexico team with its 3rd string qb.

It didn't take long for defenses to figure out that they can stack the box to stop the run since we can't throw the ball to save our lives.

Unfortunately this is going to be a long year... I'm talking maybe 2-3 wins long.

However, I still encourage you diehards to keep coming to the games to support these kids. There is some potential there, it's just not gonna happen for us this year. I'll see you all at the navy game next weekend... maybe we'll find a way to keep it close.

Reactions: TU1NNJ
2-3 wins = about right.

What's sickening to watch is that players are OUT of position; especially on defense. You can't correct that because it's on the coaching. Well... you can correct that but it requires making bold moves to shake things up --- which is the antithesis of Tulsa athletics.

Even though we're having a little bit of a rebuild this year, I expect better than what we saw today. We lost to a doo doo New Mexico team with its 3rd string qb.

It didn't take long for defenses to figure out that they can stack the box to stop the run since we can't throw the ball to save our lives.

Unfortunately this is going to be a long year... I'm talking maybe 2-3 wins long.

However, I still encourage you diehards to keep coming to the games to support these kids. There is some potential there, it's just not gonna happen for us this year. I'll see you all at the navy game next weekend... maybe we'll find a way to keep it close.
This is a SAD day in Mudville. Receivers were open all day. I Love Phil Montgomery, but I don't know what he promised Chad President to come to TU. Plain and simply, he has got alot of room to improve in the passing department. Throwing 10' over the slot receivers head on a fifteen yard curl route and throwing the ball in the dirt on inside slants isn't winning football. We have smoked New Mexico the last three outings but today their 3rd string QB was much better than our starter.

Maybe if Tulane gets away with stacking their D against us for the first half, then Skipper might get a chance to show something second half. Not counting on seeing him against Navy unless it gets really bad, and maybe not even then.

Maybe if Tulane gets away with stacking their D against us for the first half, then Skipper might get a chance to show something second half. Not counting on seeing him against Navy unless it gets really bad, and maybe not even then.
Skipper got a token opportunity . Appears Monty's mind was already set on President. Chad better focus on the weights.

Reactions: TUGrad06
Skipper got a token opportunity . Appears Monty's mind was already set on President. Chad better focus on the weights.
If lose pretty badly to Navy, and are having trouble with Tulane in the first half, I think Montgomery will reconsider his decision, or at least I hope.

the QB battle expended to opening day. Both played in the first game and Chad appeared better that day so he got the next 3 starts. Since the competition was that close, maybe Skipper deserve a couple of starts.

This is a SAD day in Mudville. Receivers were open all day. I Love Phil Montgomery, but I don't know what he promised Chad President to come to TU. Plain and simply, he has got alot of room to improve in the passing department. Throwing 10' over the slot receivers head on a fifteen yard curl route and throwing the ball in the dirt on inside slants isn't winning football. We have smoked New Mexico the last three outings but today their 3rd string QB was much better than our starter.
You mean the baseball player who Todd Graham said wasn’t good enough to walk-on at RB at ASU so he transferred.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
You mean the baseball player who Todd Graham said wasn’t good enough to walk-on at RB at ASU so he transferred.
Like or dislike Todd Graham, no one can deny that he didn't recruit the best talent Tulsa football has had in the last 20 years.

Gus’ offense helped a lot. It was really new then. And the Milkman.........

Like or dislike Todd Graham, no one can deny that he didn't recruit the best talent Tulsa football has had in the last 20 years.

The team that we had in Kinne's sr yr was wasted under BB's guidance. The Houston game was a tactical joke.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT