ADVERTISEMENT

Disabling video on this site

TUBballJunkie

I.T.S. University President
Mar 16, 2003
Is there a way to do it or stop it from trying to play over and over and over on the right hand side on the desktop version?

My browser hates it and it keeps freezing and scripts getting messed up.

This site is so unstable it is almost unusable. I struggle through it just because I want to see what is new with Tulsa athletics and especially football. If these issues don't get fixed I will definitely discontinue subscribing. I have to continually click through error messages and endure involuntary reboots everytime I am on here. Good content, bad product.

Reactions: TUBballJunkie
This site is so unstable it is almost unusable. I struggle through it just because I want to see what is new with Tulsa athletics and especially football. If these issues don't get fixed I will definitely discontinue subscribing. I have to continually click through error messages and endure involuntary reboots everytime I am on here. Good content, bad product.

I'm not having any of those problems.

I've never had any problems on my PC or iPhone7. Maybe weatherdemon can help. He's an IT guy.

My problem is that I don't want constant flashes of content when I'm at work. Text is fine, but the video is just annoying and unnecessary.

Most likely it is a PC specific issue with the browser.
Try using Chrome and install ad blocker.
Chrome is more stable and ad blocker will block most of the video content.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
My Mac is brand new with plenty of space. This page is the only page that causes lag. Its annoying, but I put up with it. Its not hard, I come here to get annoyed by you guys.

I'll check and see if there is a way to disable the video, but my guess is there isn't. I do know the best browser to use for Rivals is Google Chrome. If you can, download Chrome and give it a shot.

Sorry for the hassles...I unfortunately have no control over the ads, videos, etc.

I use a Mac with Chrome browser and have never had any issue.

Those of us on non-personal computers zero control over browsers. We do have mega ad blockers so I guess kudos to Rivals on somehow clearing those.

Every other website with video at least has a pause button or it scrolls away as you move. :-/

Reactions: astonmartin708
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT