ADVERTISEMENT

Constitutional Question?

rabidTU

I.T.S. University President
Gold Member
Jan 2, 2004
We all know how a bill becomes a law, but I was under the impression that once the law passes both houses and signed by the POTUS, it IS LAW as written in that document ---------period!

I guess my question is that if the POTUS does not then execute that law as written or attempts to change that law, then has he broken his sworn oath of office and can then be held accountable? Didn't he swear to uphold the laws of the USA, especially the ones he signed himself?

Well, my point is that Obamacare evidently has a series of dates and specific clauses where the law "shall" be in effect - no matter what. If those dates are ignored (for instance) or changed, can that then be grounds for dismissing that law altogether or suing the govt over those changes? After instituted, can the executive then ignore the details of a law wo going back for congressional approval? I didn't think so, but again, I'm not a constitutional lawyer.

Anyone know?
This post was edited on 12/3 7:10 PM by rabidTU

BHO only enforces those laws he likes; ie Immigration Laws, Wiretapping, IRS investigation of Conservative groups, IRS info given to Democrats organozations, . . .

On a similar note, this is an exchange between Cong. Trey Gowdy (R-SC) and Simon Lazarus who is a confidant of the executive branch on constitutional questions and how it can be used to empower BHO.

Hope this goes through.

http://grabien.com/file.php?id=11502

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT