ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats.

Am I missing something? Did we fire our coach last night after beating a team on a 7 game winning streak? Can’t find anything on the internet except videos of players dancing in the locker room around the (fired????) head coach. People sure must have been mad that the coach who has been criticized for being too conservative made the conservative decision to go for it on fourth down a few times. I was sure upset when Tulsa converted on (checks notes) 3 fourth downs that helped us win. Welp. That’s what you get when you’re confident in your defense and trust your players. Stupid conservative play calling that resulted in 350 passing yards and still no INTs since Michigan state. Ridiculous.

Am I missing something? Did we fire our coach last night after beating a team on a 7 game winning streak? Can’t find anything on the internet except videos of players dancing in the locker room around the (fired????) head coach. People sure must have been mad that the coach who has been criticized for being too conservative made the conservative decision to go for it on fourth down a few times. I was sure upset when Tulsa converted on (checks notes) 3 fourth downs that helped us win. Welp. That’s what you get when you’re confident in your defense and trust your players. Stupid conservative play calling that resulted in 350 passing yards and still no INTs since Michigan state. Ridiculous.
You don’t have to go for it on 4th down if you aren’t mindlessly running into the A gap on 2nd and 10 and every person in the stadium knows that’s exactly what you are going to do.

We won the game. Doesn’t mean that there aren’t obvious problems with how this team is being coached and that they haven’t improved, at least through three seasons.

Last edited:
And the fact that they were down to walk- ons at running back, and if they don't turn it over on the 1, we lose

IF? Cry more. That’s sports. Stfu about it and move on. My goodness we’ve got some real pansies on this board
We have some flat out delusional ones too such as yourself, if we end up winning 6 or more, I'll eat crow, but beating a Wyoming team who was down to walk-ons at rb and almost blowing it isn't a reason to feel things have been fixed

They were down to walk ons because we beat the hell out of them.

We have some flat out delusional ones too such as yourself, if we end up winning 6 or more, I'll eat crow, but beating a Wyoming team who was down to walk-ons at rb and almost blowing it isn't a reason to feel things have been fixed

Did I say fixed? Sorry I’m happy we won a close game for once. It must suck being miserable constantly.

No kidding. Zit, Maverick and RedDirt are the trinity of unwanted house guests.

At the very least, I don’t believe that Rising was pulling for us to lose.
Correct, I never want TU to lose and would love for Monty to start having success. I'm just not going to look at yesterday as improvment because we will get beat with how we played yesterday in the American. I love TU and want to to get things going in the right direction. A pansie would be one to make excuses to keep losing.

Reactions: HuffyCane
And the fact that they were down to walk- ons at running back, and if they don't turn it over on the 1, we lose
Actually they used their starter after their second stringer went down. Valaday played at the end. He's their normal starter. The starter had been injured but looked well enough to me to play. And even if they don't turn the ball over there, they still wouldn't have gotten the TD and we would have been looking at OT.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Regarding TG assistant coaches recruiting etc...

- Two good O coordinator hires in Malzahn and Chad but remember before Malzahn became available he had named Herb Hand to that role. Herb graciously accepted being the co-offensive coordinator in name only but he was a very good o-line coach.
- Keith Patterson defensive coordinator was not particularly good in that role however he was following TG’s philosophy.
- Recruiting the head coach has to seal the deal so give Todd credit but (this wont be well liked by most) Bill Blankenship was the lead recruiter on more players including many starters than anyone in that era; Norvell recruited some gems and Patterson was second in the number of recruits delivered.

I can understand why some want him back and maybe it would work but I would chose to go in a different direction.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Thomas Wolfe was right, you can't go home again. Graham isn't coming back. Kragthorpe isn't coming back. Nolan isn't coming back. Tubby isn't coming back.
Now if Self gets fired by Kansas, maybe ..........

Thomas Wolfe was right, you can't go home again. Graham isn't coming back. Kragthorpe isn't coming back. Nolan isn't coming back. Tubby isn't coming back.
Now if Self gets fired by Kansas, maybe ..........
I would....actually not hate that....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT