ADVERTISEMENT

College Basketball: SI's Top 100 Scorers

It's weird how far individual scoring has fallen in the NCAA in just the last couple years. Justin Hurtt average 20 ppg in 2010 and he wasn't even top 20 in the nation that year. Last year he would have been #15.

Last year the top two scorers would have averaged to about 22 points whereas in 2010 they averaged 26.

It will be interesting to see how Birt handles being #1 option when it comes to scoring. When he's hot he can light it up but he'll need to do more driving to the hoop or hitting pull up jumpers when he's cold from distance. He did more and more of that during the second half of the season last year. I do think that if some of our other shooters pan out then that might make it a little easier for Birt to score since opponents won't be able to guard him as close.

Reactions: Bill Lowery
I think we have quite a number of guys who can score. Birt of course. Haith says Etou could lead our team in scoring. I expect Wheeler and Henderson to be able to score in double digits most games. Edogi should be around 6-10 pts per game if he stays out of foul trouble, with most coming off offensive put backs.

Igbanu and Artison are capable of hitting double digits in games as well. Depending on the minutes divided between Henderson and Taplin, Taplin is capable of 6-10 per game too.

Korita can put up points quickly as well. Atson is capable too. We will be a much better free throw shooting team, which should help our point total, with Birt, Wheeler, Henderson, Korita and even Taplin all capable of shooting around 80% from the foul line.

I think this team will be able to score. My concern with so many frosh and juco's, is how well will we defend. We will be athletic enough to be a good defensive team but it could be late in the season before we become a decent defensive team.

Reactions: URedskin54
I don't think that is his game... he is the kick out option... he hits open threes... we need Wheeler to be the scorer/driver...

Reactions: URedskin54
It's weird how far individual scoring has fallen in the NCAA in just the last couple years. Justin Hurtt average 20 ppg in 2010 and he wasn't even top 20 in the nation that year. Last year he would have been #15.

Last year the top two scorers would have averaged to about 22 points whereas in 2010 they averaged 26.

?

There were 34 players who averaged 20ppg last year. That was the most since 2008.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT