ADVERTISEMENT

Cody Green vs Luke Skipper

TUcandoit

I.T.S. Senior
Gold Member
Sep 17, 2011
Just as title states. Who would you take at this point? We have had about 6-7 games under Skipper now.

Just as title states. Who would you take at this point? We have had about 6-7 games under Skipper now.
Really? Cody Green had some really really good WRs during his stint as QB at TU. I still think Skipper's biggest issue is WRs not creating space and not working themselves into space when Skipper gets flushed from the pocket. There were at least 3 plays where Skipper was under pressure and trying to find someone and every WR stood in place. Skipper threw 1 away, threw one to a WR who caught the ball (and yet the referee said Skipper was already down...how that wasn't reviewed was weird), and the last one he took a sack. Hobbs had 3 drops, 2 of which should have been easy catches (the 3rd was a tad low but a good WR catches it). The next to the last full drive where we had to go the length of the field to retake the lead was probably the most encouraging for me. Skipper threw a lot of nice passes on time and the WRs made the catches and were able to grab a few more yards. I felt like the offense had developed a nice rhythm on that drive. Then we got the TO on the kick off and scored. The last drive was the run the ball down their throats drive and use up all the clock.

IMO, Skipper really only threw one really inaccurate pass and that was the overthrow of Johnson on the seam route. He had the one throw that looked like Hobbs was supposed to sit on the out but continued his route on the shallow slant and Skipper threw the out (Johnson, I think) was the outside receiver and ran a deeper slant). I liked what I saw from Skipper. I am concerned that our OL can't pass block and even give him 3 seconds to throw. That will be a problem. And that's a problem for whichever guy is taking the snap, not just Skipper.

Reactions: Mgotutu
I think we see Shamari being used a bit more often in pass blocking. I can almost assure you that Herman and Texas will believe they can easily beat us by stopping our run game and pressuring us during our dropbacks. We need to give Skipper a few more seconds and he should be able to find the open man downfield. Bloesch and Monty have a lot of work on their hands regarding pass protection this week.

Reactions: TU_BLA
Cody Green has like 50 pounds on Skipper, they wouldn't be in the same weight class. Green also has an inch on height, so probably takes him on the reach. But, I don't think either one boxes. Even if they did, one is a football coach and one is a player... they probably shouldn't fight.

P.S. - kudos to Green for making a living as a coach! He was a graduate assistant at UNLV, now the QB coach for Missouri Southern in Joplin.
http://www.mssulions.com/coaches.aspx?rc=216&path=football

Pretty sure I saw Cody Green, during halftime behind the concession stand on the west side of the stadium.

There are guys who make you more likely to win, guys who make you more likely to lose, and guys who just fill a spot and don’t move the needle much either way. We really need the first and we don’t seem to have it. I’m not sure it matters all that much whether the guys we have are in the second or third group.

There are guys who make you more likely to win, guys who make you more likely to lose, and guys who just fill a spot and don’t move the needle much either way. We really need the first and we don’t seem to have it. I’m not sure it matters all that much whether the guys we have are in the second or third group.
Dane Evans , GJ Kinne , TJ Rubley , Steve Gage . Billy Guy Anderson & of course Jerry Rhome could move the needle big time . We might have one redshirting this year , let's hope so.

Dane Evans , GJ Kinne , TJ Rubley , Steve Gage . Billy Guy Anderson & of course Jerry Rhome could move the needle big time . We might have one redshirting this year , let's hope so.
The kid we have didn't make a bad throw last Saturday. I'm not ready to give the future to the Baylor kid yet.

The kid we have didn't make a bad throw last Saturday. I'm not ready to give the future to the Baylor kid yet.
Especially since in scrimmages and practices, he was reported as not being heads and tails better than the competition, but just one of the pack. One or two even said he might lose it to Skipper anyway, if competing for the starting job this year.

Cody Green has like 50 pounds on Skipper, they wouldn't be in the same weight class. Green also has an inch on height, so probably takes him on the reach. But, I don't think either one boxes. Even if they did, one is a football coach and one is a player... they probably shouldn't fight.

P.S. - kudos to Green for making a living as a coach! He was a graduate assistant at UNLV, now the QB coach for Missouri Southern in Joplin.
http://www.mssulions.com/coaches.aspx?rc=216&path=football

:)

Exactly. Everyone gives Coach K the credit (nearly all of it deserved) but his play in 2003 and 2004 saved this program. If you love TU football, put $5 in the mail and sent it St Olaf’s University in MN where he is coaching.

True and not a knock on Killian who was awesome all year and the next, but if a certain skinny freshman didn't come in and finish a w for us in 2003 there is no saved program, no bowl. That game also gave that freshman confidence that he was a killer, and he got us more than a few notches, before he graduated.

Nice of him to take time away from NFL training camp to support his old team

Isn't Cody Green still the QB coach for Missouri Southern? They had a game last Thursday and their home opener tomorrow. From his Twitter feed he is in town recruiting at Union and Jenks from time to time. He's been on the staff or a GA at Bishop Gorman, UNLV, and now Missouri Southern... But nothing about NFL camps. If you have info, do tell!

Given that his game was on Thursday, there's a chance he was in town from Joplin for the Saturday game. Someone risk going full stalker and email the guy and ask. :)

http://www.mssulions.com/coaches.aspx?path=football

Isn't Cody Green still the QB coach for Missouri Southern? They had a game last Thursday and their home opener tomorrow. From his Twitter feed he is in town recruiting at Union and Jenks from time to time. He's been on the staff or a GA at Bishop Gorman, UNLV, and now Missouri Southern... But nothing about NFL camps. If you have info, do tell!

Given that his game was on Thursday, there's a chance he was in town from Joplin for the Saturday game. Someone risk going full stalker and email the guy and ask. :)

http://www.mssulions.com/coaches.aspx?path=football
Twas a joke.

My internet sarcasm o meter is very weak. My bad.

wasn't cody green a junior when we got him?

give skip another year...he will keep getting better.

he was better than dane was his freshman year...and two games in might be better than he was as a soph

Good thing is that we only have this year with Skipper. Why does anyone think it is ok to not throw for at least 200 yards in either game and that we were shut out in the first half against Texas?

Good thing is that we only have this year with Skipper. Why does anyone think it is ok to not throw for at least 200 yards in either game and that we were shut out in the first half against Texas?

Two INT's on Skipper.

Four missed FG attempts and two dropped TD passes were not.

We do need to see 100 more yards passing a game though.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT