ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Haith Call In Show...

TU Sepp

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Feb 8, 2004
Interesting...

During commercial breaks I asked him about the Ray shove....

He was very disappointed in the no call...

Bruce and I joked about TU being the only school that consistently gets homered on it's own home court...

Haith just smiled and gave no response, however he seemed to agree...

Also asked about the little PG and Birt as a 2 or 3...

Haith said Birt is now 6'6" and in his system could play the 2, 3, or 4...

I asked about a possible juco big man that could play the 5 freeing Wright to play the 4 and with Smith. Where TU could go big and strong or small and fast. Thus forcing our opposition to sub according to our moves and not vise versa.

He said that would give TU 4 legitimate bigs and allow him to control the substitution patterns.

I left thinking that recruiting is not yet over for next year and that TU is just I "big" away from where Haith wants to be next year!

He has a definite plan for his recruiting approach and I believe his staff is working their tails off to reach this objective.

Originally posted by TU Sepp:
Interesting...

During commercial breaks I asked him about the Ray shove....

He was very disappointed in the no call...

Bruce and I joked about TU being the only school that consistently gets homered on it's own home court...

Haith just smiled and gave no response, however he seemed to agree...

Also asked about the little PG and Birt as a 2 or 3...

Haith said Birt is now 6'6" and in his system could play the 2, 3, or 4...

I asked about a possible juco big man that could play the 5 freeing Wright to play the 4 and with Smith. Where TU could go big and strong or small and fast. Thus forcing our opposition to sub according to our moves and not vise versa.

He said that would give TU 4 legitimate bigs and allow him to control the substitution patterns.

I left thinking that recruiting is not yet over for next year and that TU is just I "big" away from where Haith wants to be next year!

He has a definite plan for his recruiting approach and I believe his staff is working their tails off to reach this objective.
Those were excellent questions Sepp !

In order to pick up one more big man to make 4 we wouldn't be able to lose one to make room for the scholarship.

IamCanefan: there is some scuttlebutt that one or two players may be told at the end of the season that their playing time will be limited and they might be a better fit elsewhere. No actual news, but a couple guys underperforming their roles for a new coach... The outcome isn't always clear.

Ergo, if the right player becomes available, a scholarship would probably open up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT