ADVERTISEMENT

Christian Shumate

ctt8410

I.T.S. Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2003
Let's give him his own thread since he's going to announce on Friday.

16.4 points per game
10 rebounds per game
6.7 blocks per game
68% FG%

Keshawn Williams' teammate at Bloom Township on a team with 4 other D1 signees. The only Rivals150 of that group is Martice Mitchell, who's headed to Minnesota, and averaged 9 points, 6 rebounds, and 2 blocks.

Shumate's strength is his shot-blocking ability and athleticism. He's got great body control with long arms, which allows him to alter shots without fouling.

Naturally, that also makes him a great dunker. He's got a number of highlight reel dunks that are reminiscent of DaQuan Jeffries, including many where it looks like his arms get longer as he attacks the rim.

He's not the natural shooter Jeffries was, but it's not a broken jumper. That's the most limiting part of his game right now and will determine what type of college player he is long-term. He's also a mid-60s percent FT shooter. Wojo

He played as an undersized 4 on his high school team, but he was most comfortable facing the basket and shows some ability to beat guys off the dribble. He favors his right hand strongly and needs to work on finishing with the left.

Overall, this is type of guy I think we should be attacking hard in recruiting. I don't care about the offer sheet or number of stars. He clearly has the upside and ability to be a starting level player in the AAC and only went under-recruited because he's perceived to be too small for a college 4.

And it seems like coaches of the teams he played against this year agreed:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News