ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Barnes

Bill Lowery

ITS Recruiting Analyst
Staff
Sep 29, 2001
Barnes has been cleared by the NCAA and is immediately eligible. Now how about Embery-Simpson and Haywood?

Well, would we expect anything less? If we can’t get our guys cleared, and they certainly applied well before Barnes, the it’s just business as usual. Not many favors have been bestowed on us by the NCAA, but now would be a welcome time for them to do a couple for us.

Well, would we expect anything less? If we can’t get our guys cleared, and they certainly applied well before Barnes, the it’s just business as usual. Not many favors have been bestowed on us by the NCAA, but now would be a welcome time for them to do a couple for us.

If we only had someone in athletic administration with experience in compliance and a history of working with the NCAA, maybe they could get it done. ⛹‍♂️⚖️

If we only had someone in athletic administration with experience in compliance and a history of working with the NCAA, maybe they could get it done. ⛹‍♂️⚖️
Truth Bomb of the day.... and likely where most of our athletic department issues should be resting on the shoulders of a hypothetical someone. The needle hasn't moved in the right direction since Bubba left.

This should be a defining moment for our athletic department.

If Barnes is eligible and Embery-Simpson and Haywood are not, it would be beyond ridiculous. I would start believing in conpiracy theories if both are not eligible this year.

KES should play. Haywood should have to sit out. It’s easy.

KES should play. Haywood should have to sit out. It’s easy.
Is this based on the coaching change in Arkansas vs no change at Georgia Tech? It appears that the NCAA has been more lax in that area recently, and I think mostly to quell the "pay the players" crap. And they have become more sensitive to the freedom coaches have to move and immediately be able to coach vs that of a player. I agree that players should have to sit a year if they are the ones opting to move in search of more playing time. But KES' case is the coach that recruited him at Arkansas is gone and players should be given the option of finding a new place with a better coaching fit if that happens (whether it's the coach's choice to leave or the schools' choice to replace him).

I'm not sure our AD sent in a waiver request for Haywood. Good question to ask the AD Dept.

I'm not sure our AD sent in a waiver request for Haywood. Good question to ask the AD Dept.
Haith said they would try it simply because Haywood was moving closer to home, though he though KES had the more likely chances of being granted the waiver.

Reactions: I.I.

If we didn't that's just dumb.

You can't make a sale if you don't ask them to buy.

Won't win the lottery if you don't buy a ticket.

Can't be told yes if you didn't ask the question.

Is the paperwork too much of a burden?

Some days.......

You are talking about Gragg and his staff. They are VERY incompetent so why does that surprise you?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT