ADVERTISEMENT

Charlotte coach not happy with the AAC!

The podium pounding was a bit much. I’m dealing with an attorney who does that right now. It’s not effective.

That said, if I’m Charlotte, I’m wondering about those fees to join.

Well they definitely got more attention then they would have if they didn’t only get three questions 😂

UNC Charlotte has a very nice campus and stadium. They are a much better academic school than ECU. Charlotte is a fast growing metro area. I expect their football program will improve greatly much to the concern of ECU and Appalachian State. UNC Charlotte > Lamar.

UNC Charlotte has a very nice campus and stadium. They are a much better academic school than ECU. Charlotte is a fast growing metro area. I expect their football program will improve greatly much to the concern of ECU and Appalachian State. UNC Charlotte > Lamar.
Yeah, anyone who has every been to Charlotte and Beaumont knows Charlotte is a great place to visit or live, and Beaumont is a place you avoid at all costs. Once had a coworker who had worked in housing at Lamar and said the closest convenience store to campus was affectionately referred to by students there as the "Stop and Shoot"

I didn’t even know Charlotte had a football team. Their coach taught me something new!

The guy’s name is Biff. Seriously. Despite that, I like him. He also gets props for returning half his salary to the school to hire assistants. I like what I see so far. He clearly gets defensive for his players.

I was a little nervous about Charlotte until I read the team was formed about 15 years ago after the student association ran a poll asking the student body if they were cool with higher tuition if it led to the creation of a football team. And it came back 80/20 yes. The admin balked and the boosters and alumni took over the pressure campaign from there until the tweed jacket crowd got on board. It’s not some astroturf program dreamed up by a booster or two trying to make a school something they are not. See generally, Carolina, Coastal.

Like what this coach said about Kevin Wilson at media day. Biff Poggi (Charlotte): “Kevin was actually at Ohio State when I was an associate head coach at Michigan. So, we’d come in contact with each other quite a bit. But I’ll tell you what, he’s a great guy. He really is a genuine guy. Everybody wants to know him personally because of the man he is. And at Indiana, he had that thing rolling. It was on the come up before (Indiana) made a big mistake firing him.”

Like what this coach said about Kevin Wilson at media day. Biff Poggi (Charlotte): “Kevin was actually at Ohio State when I was an associate head coach at Michigan. So, we’d come in contact with each other quite a bit. But I’ll tell you what, he’s a great guy. He really is a genuine guy. Everybody wants to know him personally because of the man he is. And at Indiana, he had that thing rolling. It was on the come up before (Indiana) made a big mistake firing him.”
I don't know that Indiana made a big mistake firing him. We had a few years of knee jerk reactions to kids complaining about coach mistreatment and for some of the things that are documented, I don't think you could blame Indiana. Hopefully Wilson has figured that part out...the part where you're not allowed to be an old school tough guy coach anymore unless your name is Saban.

Just watched the Charlotte portion of media days and the players they brought are seasoned, well spoken and very intelligent. Jalon Jones coming from Florida and Demetrius Knight coming from Georgia Tech. If they play as well as they present themselves, Charlotte will be trouble

Reactions: TU 1978 and Oak775
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT