ADVERTISEMENT

California and Covid.

lawpoke87

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Dec 17, 2002
Almost 100k new cases over the last two days. Just crazy numbers coming out of that state.

You would hope that this kind of situation occurring in our most restricted state would cause people to update their priors and reconsider whether it makes sense to blame ideological enemies for things a country like ours has a very limited ability to control

42 deaths reported in Oklahoma today

While that’s a significant number if you go by statistics California will soon be averaging 500 deaths a day. That’s a pace to top Oklahoma’s death total since the pandemic began in just 5 days. Hopefully, their survival rate will be better than the National average. If not we are looking at a massive number of deaths in that state over the next month.

Reactions: TULSARISING
I thought only Republicans,
Trump ralliers, and red states got covid.
This is one of many problems , people on both sides of parties are trying to make this a political issue , ultimately it is costing lives

While that’s a significant number if you go by statistics California will soon be averaging 500 deaths a day. That’s a pace to top Oklahoma’s death total since the pandemic began in just 5 days. Hopefully, their survival rate will be better than the National average. If not we are looking at a massive number of deaths in that state over the next month.
I believe it’s more accurate to look at the average overall death rate from the previous 5 years and see if COVID is impacting the way it’s being pushed. There is a report that is published each week detailing the hospital bed capacity rate. It’s currently at 69% for all Cali hospitals. That doesn’t look like a crisis to me! Cali has one of the highest homeless populations in the US. With so many malnourished homeless people with compromised immune systems, why are their not bodies everywhere? COVID exist and can be deadly but before sounding the apocalyptic alarm based on an exaggerated projected forecast of where we are now to where we are supposedly going to be, people need to research basic things and look around! Remember, Fauci said 3 Mil, then it was 1 Mil, then it was 500,000. Oh and don’t forget, most people in the great state of Cali have been social distancing and masked up much more than any other state.

Some numbers. US has now given over 225M covid tests. We are giving around 2M tests per day.

According to CDC tracking several states are in same category as California.

The problem with California is the shear number of people and the trend over the last few days. Over 44k new cases today. California has a mandatory mask policy and has been on lockdown for weeks. Not sure what else they can do as the measures thus far aren’t working. Assume their huge homeless population is being particularly hard hit but haven’t seen any statistics.

Here is my thought on this, if you look back on past history, several times we have had low weekend numbers followed by a spike at mid week.

12-15 42 deaths
12-11. 54 deaths

I am too lazy to type all of the cases but take my word. Low numbers on the weekend followed by high numbers. My theory is that in some counties therf are not a lot of coroners and nursing staff is over taxed. Reports have lower priorities than patients.

Edit, I was talking Oklahoma. I type slow. I was referring to your post about 42 deaths.

Last edited:
Those numbers are highly inflated

What did you think of the Tulsa game tonight? Did you watch? Defense?

Wow I guess all those lefties shouldn't have listened to Trump about wearing masks, and social distancing

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT