ADVERTISEMENT

Burgess

TJ rubley was the best since Rhome in my opinion. Paul was great but I would give the edge to TJ.

A little late to this one.. but Rader had a QB after Frerotte and Rubley that would have been special had he not broken his hand. John Fitzgerald is the forgotten man in our QB discussions.. he gets lost because he was injured the day DeGar made history.

Reactions: HuffyCane
A little late to this one.. but Rader had a QB after Frerotte and Rubley that would have been special had he not broken his hand. John Fitzgerald is the forgotten man in our QB discussions.. he gets lost because he was injured the day DeGar made history.
I liked Fitzgerald as a QB as well. He could sling it but he always seemed to have that shoulder subluxation issue pop up for big games. He never quite had the same caliber of WR or RB around him to maximize his effectiveness either.

Which game are you referring to Noble? The OU win in '96 or a different one?

Which game are you referring to Noble? The OU win in '96 or a different one?
OU game... I remember driving into Norman from Pampa,Tx. Hearing that Degar was going to start because Fitz was injured and thinking that our chance to win was gone. Had Fitz been good to go we would have blown OU out that day... But then we wouldn't have the the legendary Degar to Caswell completion.

Reactions: barrister1602
OU game... I remember driving into Norman from Pampa,Tx. Hearing that Degar was going to start because Fitz was injured and thinking that our chance to win was gone. Had Fitz been good to go we would have blown OU out that day... But then we wouldn't have the the legendary Degar to Caswell completion.

That's my favorite play in Tulsa football history. Loved seeing little Tulsa bring down the Big Bad OU on their own turf. Such a sweet victory... Good lord what I'd give to experience that again before I turn 40...

Reactions: barrister1602
That's my favorite play in Tulsa football history. Loved seeing little Tulsa bring down the Big Bad OU on their own turf. Such a sweet victory... Good lord what I'd give to experience that again before I turn 40...

My favorite play is the do over kick vs Louisville that secured the Freedom Bowl trip. Nothing like watching all those players sweeping the snow for the kicker. Still my favorite bowl trip.

Favorite game was win over aTm. I think that was Rubleys 10 th yr of eligibility.

Good call Noble. The A&M game was either 1a or 1b in the anals of TU football upsets. Scoring 21 points in the final few minutes to shock the Aggies was beautiful. We haven't played those guys since then have we? We need to get teams like that back on our schedule. No more ULM, FAU pillow fights. Give us the big boys like Ohio State, Florida, and Alabama.

Good call Noble. The A&M game was either 1a or 1b in the anals of TU football upsets. Scoring 21 points in the final few minutes to shock the Aggies was beautiful. We haven't played those guys since then have we? We need to get teams like that back on our schedule. No more ULM, FAU pillow fights. Give us the big boys like Ohio State, Florida, and Alabama.

aTm was a 3 game series.. We lost a close one in 92 and got blown out in 93 I think...

Given our success with Rader, early, in his tenure I can't help but wonder who much fun it would have been if Donaldson hadn't pulled the carpet out from under him.

Reactions: TU 1978
FYI Noble the do over kick was Southern Miss in the snow not Louisville.

Reactions: TU_BLA
FYI Noble the do over kick was Southern Miss in the snow not Louisville.
Cut me some slack.. I'm old and Ive killed a few brain cells since then. But, yeah , that didn't sound right after I typed it...

I remembered it being colder than heck at both those games and we took a bottle of Rumpleminze and a bottle of fire water in with us. I also remember heckling schellenberger very profanely.

Given our success with Rader, early, in his tenure I can't help but wonder who much fun it would have been if Donaldson hadn't pulled the carpet out from under him.
Rader was deeply hurt by the TU turd administration. His staff was bringing in excellent talent and he loved his job...still bothers me how he was treated. He had the train rolling and then he was set up to fail.

Cut me some slack.. I'm old and Ive killed a few brain cells since then. But, yeah , that didn't sound right after I typed it...

I remembered it being colder than heck at both those games and we took a bottle of Rumpleminze and a bottle of fire water in with us. I also remember heckling schellenberger very profanely.
I know '93 Louisville came in on Thanksgiving (maybe the day after). That was the game Jeff Brohm got KO'd by Jeremy Bunch when he got hit late, tried to hurdle the bench, caught his toe and hit the concrete wall head first. Remember singing "Here Come's Santa Claus" when Schellenberger walked down the sideline with his gut stuffed into a too small red sweater. Louisville's kicker tried talking trash with us at halftime as he kept yelling "scoreboard". It was 6-0 because he missed an XP. We were pretty relentless on him...he stayed as far away from us as possible.

We kept asking Schnellie what the weather was like in Miami....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT