ADVERTISEMENT

Buddhist Oklahoma?

I love maps. I like to say that maps are to history as mathematics and physics . This is a nice map and entertaining. Buddhists in Oklahoma seem to be good citizens. Give us time and will corrupt them.

Sad to say I've never known a Buddhist. Fascinating region....would love to drink a beer with one and discuss philosophy.

Appreciate the link. I frankly find people with similar political views as myself (there aren't many) as rather boring to sit down and discuss politics, religion, etc. Lively discussions are about the free exchange of different ideas, philosophies, etc... I realize that some of the left and probably even the far right wish to shut down these types of exchanges. However, it's impossible to grow and expand horizons when all those around you agree with your thoughts.

Appreciate the link. I frankly find people with similar political views as myself (there aren't many) as rather boring to sit down and discuss politics, religion, etc. Lively discussions are about the free exchange of different ideas, philosophies, etc... I realize that some of the left and probably even the far right wish to shut down these types of exchanges. However, it's impossible to grow and expand horizons when all those around you agree with your thoughts.

Sit = meditation, not sitting around talking.

Zen Buddhists don't have a rap, it is a practice that one does, not that one talks about.

If you want to talk, stick with the evangelists.

It was amazing to see a line of Orange robed Buddhist monks walking along the Vietnam border with Cambodia oblivious and left unbothered.

Sit = meditation, not sitting around talking.

Zen Buddhists don't have a rap, it is a practice that one does, not that one talks about.

If you want to talk, stick with the evangelists.

Can't talk to evangelists without envetually getting into a shouting match. Becomes an issue at family gatherings since my sister and bro in law are both preachers :)

I'm not sure if anyone is aware, but Richard Gere is (and has been for some time) a Buddhist. He's pretty friendly with the Dali Lhama from what I've seen.

I'm not sure if anyone is aware, but Richard Gere is (and has been for some time) a Buddhist. He's pretty friendly with the Dali Lhama from what I've seen.

Yes. Also it's a good thing Robert Thurman resigned his vows of celibacy as a Buddhist Monk , so daughter Uma could be with us. He's a professor of Buddhist studies at Columbia University.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT