ADVERTISEMENT

Bubba's having fun...

TU Sepp

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Feb 8, 2004
as UNC receives 3rd notice of allegations in NCAA academic case...

It has been brought up that UNC may have to forfeit 2 of it's NCAA Championships...

Poor Roy!!!

UNC should be in a world of hurt...like at least a one season post season ban loss of 2 scholarships for 4 yrs type of hurt. Sad thing is, all of this happened before Bubba got there. If SMU gets the hammer for one player being in a class he didn't know about and someone else doing the work for him, then what does 10 yrs of essentially the same thing for at least 50% of its players get you?

BTW, maybe the NCAA can get creative with some of its sanctions like for the next 4 yrs if you have a player leave early to transfer or go to the NBA you don't get their scholarship back until their eligibility would be up. Would make old Roy recruit guys who would stay in school and not just recruit the one and dined who have to take those non-existent classes to keep them eligible for one year.

Reactions: TU Sepp
Well, anyway it is Bubba's responsibility to try and clean up the Roy Williams mess! He wanted the big stage and now he has it...

The NCAA may have their work cut out for them, Roy appears to be in mid-season form playing the part of, "stupid is as stupid does".

TX

Well, anyway it is Bubba's responsibility to try and clean up the Roy Williams mess! He wanted the big stage and now he has it...
I feel bad for Bubba. He is a big time AD and we knew that when he was here. He had this thrown in his lap and he thought the worst thing he was going to have to clean up was John Blake's stupidity.

The NCAA won't do much of anything to UNC basketball. There will be some sanctions but it will be something minor like the loss of one scholarship for a few years. They will instead stick it to their football team. For no reason other than they don't want to mess with a big time money making program.

I feel bad for Bubba. He is a big time AD and we knew that when he was here. He had this thrown in his lap and he thought the worst thing he was going to have to clean up was John Blake's stupidity.
Bubba gave us the Wojick 7 year contract right before he skipped town. I feel no sympathy for Bubba. Talk about leaving a mess for someone else to cleanup.

Reactions: TU 1978
Bubba turned down the Florida job earlier this year. I imagine he's fine.

I expect the NCAA will suspend ECU or App State from postseason and will consider this crime vindicated.

They'll get a slap on the wrist... forfeiting past championships does little. The NCAA is pathetic - it will always punish the smaller programs more severely than their darlings.

Syracuse had a similar issue with its academic scandal. They banned themselves from the postseason and a loss of scholarships and I believe the NCAA took another scholarship. If UNC doesn't get at least that and maybe a tad more then the NCAA needs to be disbanded and we need to start over. Syracuse's issue was over 2-3 years, UNC's cheating lasted more than a decade.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT