ADVERTISEMENT

Bring back the GOP

WATU2

I.T.S. Hall of Famer
May 29, 2001
Will history repeat itself? We should hope so.

(Apologies to Tume in that this history doesn't go back to the Articles of Confederation.
wink.r191677.gif
)

Bring back the party of Lincoln

Assuming it's not just happenstance that there's a add for the Democratic Party at the top of this article? :)
This post was edited on 9/5 2:48 PM by lawpoke87

Republicans need to quit legislating from thr pulpet and get back to basics.

National defense.
The economy
jobs
OPPORTUNITY!

The non-inclusive views of the Republican party on social issues is why they are destined to be the minority party going forward and why I can support only the most moderate of candidates. The fact that we have more and more people dependent on the federal government for substinence also works against the Republican Party. There's a rather large incentive to vote for the party whose seen as handing out your government check. I've often wondered if the Democratic Party wants to get people off the government payrolls as people receiving federal aid overwhelmingly vote for the donkey.

Originally posted by WATU2:
Will history repeat itself? We should hope so.

(Apologies to Tume in that this history doesn't go back to the Articles of Confederation.
wink.r191677.gif
)
I hope not.. the Lincoln GOP has 850,000 deaths on its balance sheet.

When I was in the second grade, the Teacher proudly told us the story of America's first colony and Captain John Smith and his Motto of, "You don't work, you don't eat."

I do not remember if Captain Smith was a Republican or a Democrat.

Originally posted by lawpoke87:

The non-inclusive views of the Republican party on social issues is why they are destined to be the minority party going forward and why I can support only the most moderate of candidates. The fact that we have more and more people dependent on the federal government for substinence also works against the Republican Party. There's a rather large incentive to vote for the party whose seen as handing out your government check. I've often wondered if the Democratic Party wants to get people off the government payrolls as people receiving federal aid overwhelmingly vote for the donkey.
Bingo! This is why we have to force the govt into a balanced budget amendment in some fashion as most states have.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT