ADVERTISEMENT

Bill Blankenship just pounded Lil Rock to win Arky 7A football title

This absolutely happens in Tulsa. I was already 6'1, 220lbs at age 13, multiple HCs that my mom knew, including one mentioned in this thread, asked us to move into their district so I could play for them and offered to assist in doing so.

We didn't because I wanted to play basketball more. Also, I was bad at football, only thing going for me was my size.

Damn! You were a hoss at 13! I blew away in the wind until I started lifting weights at 20. I see how big those guys are playing each snap and I don't think I could survive a single play in the trenches. Add 3 years and 100 pounds and that's how big they are today... Unbelievable.

Same story on BB. Went to a high school that just has more talent than anyone else. Anyone could have won at Union and anyone can win at Fayettville.
Are you sick in your head? When I got to Union in 96, we had decent players but we absolutely were not the best. Bill develops talent period! He understood that in order to have sustained success and build a dynasty, you must establish an outstanding grass roots feeder program. Jenks followed the same blueprint and that's why the West has won the State Title 20 yrs in a row. People from all over the country flock into the Union systems bc of the foundation Bill started long ago. This rubbish that Bill just wins bc he has the best players is popycock!

BA very rarely has any INFC playoff teams. They still follow the draft rules created by Tom Lott when he started the organization and refuse to stack teams to create a competitive advantage.

Owasso follows those draft rules as well.
Whoever wants to return can.
You have two protects for the draft or a transfer and the rest of the team is whoever you draft.
I don't think Jenks stacks their teams either. All of their teams are decent to great.

Owasso follows those draft rules as well.
Whoever wants to return can.
You have two protects for the draft or a transfer and the rest of the team is whoever you draft.
I don't think Jenks stacks their teams either. All of their teams are decent to great.

There are ways around those rules without breaking them. The most obvious is to create a "new" team, get a few holdbacks from the prior year then coax the top players from other teams to drop and go back into the draft. The new team gets the first dozen or so picks and you have a stacked, hand-picked team. That's how the Owaaso team the year before yours was created.

For whoever asked if BB was sending any players our way, just saw that Ty Clary (OL, Fayetteville HS) just picked up an offer (via his Twitter).

There are ways around those rules without breaking them. The most obvious is to create a "new" team, get a few holdbacks from the prior year then coax the top players from other teams to drop and go back into the draft. The new team gets the first dozen or so picks and you have a stacked, hand-picked team. That's how the Owaaso team the year before yours was created.

Maybe so. I honestly didn't pay attention that year but know that our QB this year (he was 12) played up on that 7th grade team that won it call last year.
My sons grade actually lost a team 3 years ago (from 4 teams to 3) and the other three still had the same number of players due to fewer kids signing up because of concussions being in the news so much.

I don't think any of the other large schools lost or added a team during that time.

Maybe so. I honestly didn't pay attention that year but know that our QB this year (he was 12) played up on that 7th grade team that won it call last year.
My sons grade actually lost a team 3 years ago (from 4 teams to 3) and the other three still had the same number of players due to fewer kids signing up because of concussions being in the news so much.

I don't think any of the other large schools lost or added a team during that time.

Here's how it went down. I'll change the colors to protect the innocent.

Teams Red, White and Blue all returned from the previous season with roughly 17 players each. A coach that had a 7th grade son in 2014 decided to hold him back and play 7th grade ball again in 2015. He convinced at least 4 other 2014 7th grade parents to also hold back their sons and repeat 7th grade. This coach then formed a new Green team and proceeded to contact the top 3 players from Red, White and Blue and encouraged them to drop from their current teams and reenter the draft.

Now Red, White and Blue have 14 players each. At the draft, Green gets the first 14 picks to allow them to catch up with the other three teams. He takes his 5 holdbacks plus the 9 that he convinced to drop from their current teams. He has his stacked, hand-picked team in place. Now we have 4 teams but none of them have enough players. Red has to fold and those player are dispersed to the remaining three teams, Green White and Blue. That's how the total number of teams didn't change from 2014 to 2015, but a team that had never played together before went on to win the championship.

Jesus, we like to beat a dead horse. Let the man move on. He cared and does care about TU deeply but just wasn't the right guy for the job. I wish him great success. I bet many of the vitriolic posters on here have a hard time even operating their god given bedroom apparatuses let alone running a division 1 football program. Please move on.

Here's how it went down. I'll change the colors to protect the innocent.

Teams Red, White and Blue all returned from the previous season with roughly 17 players each. A coach that had a 7th grade son in 2014 decided to hold him back and play 7th grade ball again in 2015. He convinced at least 4 other 2014 7th grade parents to also hold back their sons and repeat 7th grade. This coach then formed a new Green team and proceeded to contact the top 3 players from Red, White and Blue and encouraged them to drop from their current teams and reenter the draft.

Now Red, White and Blue have 14 players each. At the draft, Green gets the first 14 picks to allow them to catch up with the other three teams. He takes his 5 holdbacks plus the 9 that he convinced to drop from their current teams. He has his stacked, hand-picked team in place. Now we have 4 teams but none of them have enough players. Red has to fold and those player are dispersed to the remaining three teams, Green White and Blue. That's how the total number of teams didn't change from 2014 to 2015, but a team that had never played together before went on to win the championship.

Very interesting and kind of crappy, IMO.

Our team this year was certainly not stacked.
We lost 3 key lineman and had to completely retool the line and change our blocking schemes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT