ADVERTISEMENT

Bernie wins NH by 20 plus points-Hillary comes away with more delegates

lawpoke87

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Dec 17, 2002
WTH is going on Dems ?

Edit....it now looks like Bernie will be awarded two unattached delegates so they will come away with the same number....from a 21 point win.

Last edited:
Nice. You win the popular vote 2 to 1 and you both get the same number of degates.

Isn't this the party of " every vote should count "?

You win a precinct's vote by a landslide it only counts as 1. U barely win a precinct and it only counts as 1.

Hillary was awarded 6 super delegates from NH. My understanding is that those have absolutely nothing to do with the vote but is tied to the Dem party.

I'm aware of that, lawpoke, I was simply pointing out how that was not contradicted by TUfans concept of every vote counts. The fact that the democrats did this is very disconcerting. Just as it would be equally disconcerting if the same happened to Donald Trump. Though I can't stand Donald Trump, and think his actions set precedents in elecions that will haunt us for many years. The MORE haunting aspect might be if the votes did not really count for anything for Sanders or Trump. This could haunt us for a lot longer.

I'm aware of that, lawpoke, I was simply pointing out how that was not contradicted by TUfans concept of every vote counts. The fact that the democrats did this is very disconcerting. Just as it would be equally disconcerting if the same happened to Donald Trump. Though I can't stand Donald Trump, and think his actions set precedents in elecions that will haunt us for many years. The MORE haunting aspect might be if the votes did not really count for anything for Sanders or Trump. This could haunt us for a lot longer.

My apologies. I took your response to be that the delegate discrepancy could be explained by winning a precent by a single vote.

Yes....this process does disenfranchise voters imo. You have the party machine selling out their delegates which in turn nominate their presidential candidate without regard to the actual vote count in the state.

My understanding is that Kasich has 34 and Hillary has 32 but that counts both Iowa and New Hampshire she got her 32 and Iowa he got his 34 in New Hampshire now that's just what I read on Wikipedia this morning that may not be right.

Yes,sir.
I went back and checked. Pardon, .was wrong. How is that even close to fair. Talk about a broken convention. Yes, broken not brokered. Why even vote?

Super delegates are 1/6 of the democrat total. And right now all can change.

Last edited:
E
So the Democratic party picks 25% of the delegates. Doesn't this disenfranchise the voters?

Each state and/or state party sets its own rules for selecting delegates. Expect to see more twists on selection processes from both parties.

Yes,sir.
I went back and checked. Pardon, .was wrong. How is that even close to fair. Talk about a broken convention. Yes, broken not brokered. Why even vote?

Super delegates are 1/6 of the democrat total. And right now all can change.

But remember, requiring someone to prove that they are who they say they are when they vote is the real problem.

E

Each state and/or state party sets its own rules for selecting delegates. Expect to see more twists on selection processes from both parties.

The Democrats automatically include each Democrat member of the House or Senate. They also include each member of the National Committee. These are not pledged and can change. Right now, it's 362 for Hillary and 8 for Bernie, which includes Senator Bernie Sanders. So she starts out ahead.

Some votes are more equal than others...

Then there's the superdelegates.

Reactions: WATU2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT