ADVERTISEMENT

Bergdahl had a camera with him.

TUMe

I.T.S. Legend
Dec 3, 2003
Wikileaks and NBC News are reporting that Bergdahl was seeking the Taliban and had a camera with him. The most sensitive thing on a military base or camp is the locations of your ammunition, fuel, the command post and where troops sleep. Mortar fire can be directed and corrected to these spots. Pictures would be extremely informative.

This post was edited on 6/4 8:30 PM by TUMe

Good point. Although at this time its just a lot of conjecture, but several of the soldiers in his unit suspected him of converting field phones to IUDs. Don't know how thats done, but if Bergdahl knew how to do it, that could be circumstantial evidence of treason since those men stated that there was a big spike in IUD accuracy and number. This is getting curiouser and curiouser. Its hard to believe how a US volunteer soldier could be so loathed by his fellow brothers so much. Where there's smoke theres usually fire.

This post was edited on 6/4 10:49 PM by rabidTU

You use the phone as a detonator. Call a number, phone rings, earth shattering KABOOM. Similar method is used in radio controlled commercial demolition and blasting. The number of common things you can find in your house and use as a remote detonator is pretty scary. No, I won't go into details.

That technique predates the GWOT and I kind of doubt that Bergdahl could have been the first person to show it to his captors. What is more likely is that Bergdahl gave information on routes, vehicle staging, vehicle and weapons load and distribution within convoys and other things.

In example, if you know that the standard separation for vehicles in a convoy is 100 meters in terrain type "x" but only 25 meters in terrain type "y", you can distribute your devices or plan your ambush more effectively. Same with rate of travel (speed of the guys or vehicles) or weapons distribution (is the .50 caliber machine gun on the first, middle or last vehicle).

Similar information for response and escalation in the event of an ambush would be extremely useful. If you know what the rules are for calling in artillery or air support and/or the time lag from first contact to air/arty being on site then you can hit a convoy and leave before your target can escalate or respond. In example, if it takes 30 minutes for a gun ship to be on-site, you know that you can hit the convoy, light it up for 20 minutes and then still clear the area before having to worry about death raining from the sky.

Not saying that Bergdahl gave that kind of information. Just saying that if some random dude from the other side walked into my area and wanted to help me I'd ask him for that kind of information.

Thanks!

I think this is why he is "suspect" by the others in his unit. Having someone in their unit give the enemy information that may cost them their lives is alarming and could be the act of a traitor.

The adm is trying to spin the idea that he somehow was captured or it was done accidently. That would be pretty hard to believe. Were there any shots fired to keep him from being captured for instance - something that would alert his comrades?

He left his weapons, body armor and night vision device in a pile on base when he went walkabout. So, no way for him to fire at or signal anyone.

I'd like to see the report from the original investigation. Since it is still classified, I doubt that it contains anything favorable to Bergdahl or the administration. That item would have been leaked on day 2 of this if it supported the "he served honorably and with distinction" mantra of the Administration.

Thanks.

Now that Bergdahl has been "retrieved", Obama and the administration have stated that "no soldier should be left behind" - reason to get him back and trade him for the five terrorists who were let go. IMO this will now vanish in the liberal media.

But my question is this to Mr Obama - Didn't he leave his soldier brothers behind and vulnerable to their enemy? Isn't that why desertion holds such a severe sentence - the death penalty? Bergdahl left them behind, but at least 6 brave american soldiers lost their lives trying to retieve him. Where is the justice in THAT?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT