ADVERTISEMENT

Beer @ Basketball

astonmartin708

I.T.S. Hall of Famer
Apr 17, 2012
Per Kelly, the board of trustees voted to extend the sale of beer to the Reynolds Center for basketball season!

I like it!

What about leaving the arena. No half time smoke breaks?
Didn't see it mentioned. I'm sure if you asked one of the attendants nicely before stepping out they'd let you back in. We have very nice ticket people.

They wouldn't at football, but that was a stated regulation. Seeing as how it wasn't mentioned by Kelly, I doubt they will do the same thing for Basketball. I doubt it was an oversight. I meant it as a joke.

Bad idea for basketball. It's crazy enough in there already.

Now our favorites refs can alledge inebriation as a basis to kick us out when we aren't doing anything other than explaining the rules and recommending they get their vision checked.

Bad idea for basketball. It's crazy enough in there already.

Now our favorites refs can alledge inebriation as a basis to kick us out when we aren't doing anything other than explaining the rules and recommending they get their vision checked.
Lol. We already had drunk fans throwing mini-pizza boxes on court... what else is new?

Reactions: TUBballJunkie
He wasn't drunk.
Fair enough. I didn't really care as I found it funny and was thinking the refs were trash anyways.

As long as we don't have any player-fan interactions on the level of OSU a couple years ago I think we'll be fine.

Yeah, I'd hate to think how things would've gone down that night with Wojcik and Memphis winning at the buzzer if alcohol had been present. But then again, what do I care? I like beer.

Yeah, I'd hate to think how things would've gone down that night with Wojcik and Memphis winning at the buzzer if alcohol had been present. But then again, what do I care? I like beer.

Students would've have probable still stormed the court but after Wojcik for his inability to coach a press

Jesus, there is beer at NBA games and it works fine. They should offer the students a buck or two off with a current ID. This will be fine too and it will increase $$.

Jesus, there is beer at NBA games and it works fine. They should offer the students a buck or two off with a current ID. This will be fine too and it will increase $$.
I agree. SMU has done it for a couple years now and I haven't heard of any significant incidents. It's part of what increased their student turn out in fact!

I agree. SMU has done it for a couple years now and I haven't heard of any significant incidents. It's part of what increased their student turn out in fact!

SMU had no atmosphere before beer and most of their fans sit very far from Court. The arena is configured like Gallagher Iba.

Beer at UH bball was actually pretty dull. Football is a bit crazy with full bars yes, but at bball it's only lower point stuff and it was fine.

Gotta remember bball is on like Tuesday nights and Sundays at noon. You don't have people tailgating for hours beforehand and not having to go to work in the morning like you do for Saturday football. It's also such a short window of time to be serving at a bball game.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Beer at UH bball was actually pretty dull. Football is a bit crazy with full bars yes, but at bball it's only lower point stuff and it was fine.

Gotta remember bball is on like Tuesday nights and Sundays at noon. You don't have people tailgating for hours beforehand and not having to go to work in the morning like you do for Saturday football. It's also such a short window of time to be serving at a bball game.

The TU basketball crowd is way crazier than the football crowd. TU basketball games can be more like hockey. I'm not complaining, but I bet someone throws a beer at the next Rompza this year.

The TU basketball crowd is way crazier than the football crowd. TU basketball games can be more like hockey. I'm not complaining, but I bet someone throws a beer at the next Rompza this year.
Too bad Nic Moore's gone I would have personally thrown some on him.

I think it will be wholly anticlimactic and a disappointing money maker, even though a little extra income is better than none, I suppose.

Rowdy diehards frankly don't have the time to deal with holding/drinking beer during live bball what with all the rowdiness and need to pay constant attention. I know I don't, unless it's a game I'm attending as a casual fan. (Other sports completely different.)

And fans being raucous while at the game still doesn't change the pregame routine or lack thereof and other adulting factors discouraging people from getting blackout drunk on a Wednesday night.

Ever been to an Oilers game?

Basketball has been similar, without the beer. I think most will handle themselves appropriately, but it just seems like a really risky deal.

Went to the BB game in Houston two years ago, I didn't mind having a brew or two during the game. Houston fans dropped an FU to the Tulsa bench and fans behind the bench after it was assured Tulsa would win. I don't think beer had a thing to do with that outburst.

I guess Tulsa is guilty of the FU chant as well with SMU fan a couple of years ago no beer involved at least during the game legally.

GO TU!!!!

We loved Oilers games. Unless they've really chilled out or Tulsa basketball crowds have changed drastically in the year since we moved, there is not a lot of similarity.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT