ADVERTISEMENT

BEAT WICHITA STATE!!!!!1

Thinking about going esp. if Houston loses tomorrow.

I would think you’d do about as well telling the 65 year old fans that the pink/ stink shirts are nasty and inappropriate. Then again, it’s Wichita and they might think that’s a compliment.

Lawson has played so well lately. Shooting, good defense, rebounding.
Too bad he found his mojo at the tail end of his last season. Would be really good for us and his pro career if it was his junior season. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Would arrive back in Tulsa in caravan of long black limos to Moore's. Our families would be on hand to identify us.

Cooper let the team run a victory lap around the famed Wichita track after they clinched a Valley championship several years ago.

That didn’t go over too well with the locals.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Let’s do this. It’s for a lot of marbles. A conference championship on their court would be all time special. Let’s GOOOOOOOO! TEEEEEE-UUUUUU!!!1

:haith3::haith::haith2::cat::todd::bite::captain::huffy::nukem:
hoo boy -- those shuckers are gonna be mad as hornets in the Roundhouse after Joiner sent them on their near-death downward spiral and out of the rankings. Over and under on how many Echinique's flops during the game. And, more importantly, will the zebras call one of them?

This is probably going to be the toughest game we've played for many years. Last game of the regular season, at the packed arena of our oldest rivals with both teams playing for a spot in the dance, and they'll have the added desire to avenge their loss at our place and cost us a regular season title. Our team needs to be mentally prepared for war.

I mean, this is basically going to be D-Day for TU. The team will be landing on the hostile beaches of Wichita.

To the Players of Tulsa Men's Basketball:

You are about to embark on the Great Crusade, toward which we have striven these many months. The eyes of the world are upon you.... you will bring about the destruction of the (Wich-ee-tuh) war machine, the elimination of the Shocker tyranny over the oppressed teams of the AAC, and prestige for the players and fans of TU.

Your task will not be an easy one. Your enemy is well trained, well equipped and battle-hardened. He will fight savagely.

But this is the year 2020! Much has happened since the Shocker triumphs of previous seasons. Our defense will seriously reduce their strength in the air and their capacity to play ball on the ground. Our training has given us an overwhelming superiority in skill and athleticism and we have at our disposal great reserves of well trained players. THE TIDE HAS TURNED! THE MEN OF TU ARE MARCHING TOGETHER TO VICTORY!

I have full confidence in your courage, devotion to duty and skill in this game. We will accept nothing less than full Victory!

Good Luck! And let us beseech the blessings of Almighty God upon this great and noble undertaking.

:haith3:

Last edited:
This is probably going to be the toughest game we've played for many years. Last game of the regular season, at the packed arena of our oldest rivals with both teams playing for a spot in the dance, and they'll have the added desire to avenge their loss at our place and cost us a regular season title. Our team needs to be mentally prepared for war.

I mean, this is basically going to be D-Day for TU. The team will be landing on the hostile beaches of Wichita.

To the Players of Tulsa Men's Basketball:

You are about to embark on the Great Crusade, toward which we have striven these many months. The eyes of the world are upon you.... you will bring about the destruction of the (Wich-ee-tuh) war machine, the elimination of the Shocker tyranny over the oppressed teams of the AAC, and prestige for the players and fans of TU.

Your task will not be an easy one. Your enemy is well trained, well equipped and battle-hardened. He will fight savagely.

But this is the year 2020! Much has happened since the Shocker triumphs of previous seasons. Our defense will seriously reduce their strength in the air and their capacity to play ball on the ground. Our training has given us an overwhelming superiority in skill and athleticism and we have at our disposal great reserves of well trained players. THE TIDE HAS TURNED! THE MEN OF TU ARE MARCHING TOGETHER TO VICTORY!

I have full confidence in your courage, devotion to duty and skill in this game. We will accept nothing less than full Victory!

Good Luck! And let us beseech the blessings of Almighty God upon this great and noble undertaking.

:haith3:
I have always loved that speech. It was used as the opening to the original Medal of Honor game. I never skipped through it to get to the game.

From right next door to TU,
th_428546503_HurricaneC_122_1157lo.jpg

Reactions: loca2874
From midtown, GOLDEN!!!!!
Sorry you disagree with my posts but I do enjoy your posts and some people do like my posts and I’m not an Aggie fan in anyway. I do post reality which at times is hard to accept and I am a longtime Tulsa fan since the 60s and an alum.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT