ADVERTISEMENT

Baylor/Texas

jesterondirt

I.T.S. Offensive Coordinator
Sep 28, 2006
Baylor showing today how important good, smart quarterback play is in this system. Like @SangerHurricane was saying yesterday, this offense is so complex, you can't just throw someone with a good arm into it and make it work. It takes hours upon hours of studying the playbook and learning you receivers.

Its like driving by a bad car wreck right now watching this.

Last edited:
To be fair Baylor was playing a wide receiver at QB after losing their three QBs to injuries. OSU hit the lotto today with the Texas win.

He had thrown ZERO passes as a collegiate until today. To my knowledge he had never even taken a college snap as a QB. Not sure what anyone was expecting from a receiver playing QB for the first time on a college field. I thought he competed as well as to be expected given the circumstances.

Reactions: Bill Lowery
He had thrown ZERO passes as a collegiate until today. To my knowledge he had never even taken a college snap as a QB. Not sure what anyone was expecting from a receiver playing QB for the first time on a college field. I thought he competed as well as to be expected given the circumstances.
I think youre taking my original post down a completely different path than intended. I'm not intending he didn't do a great job given the circumstances. But it takes more than just "being a great qb in high school" to run this offense.

Last edited:
Reactions: TU_BLA
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT