ADVERTISEMENT

Inadvertently, due to not thinking it through, put myself in harms way.

Gmoney4WW

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Jul 4, 2007
Just thought I'd share my idiot move, working the election on Tuesday. After the election, as the inspector, I returned my election materials to the Election board Tuesday night. Waited like normal on Denver street, in a line behind 30 or 40 cars, for my turn to return my election materials. Spent about 20 or 30 minutes in line to return my materials. Then drove home tired from a 15 hour day driving to the voting site, working the election, taking down the election, tabulating zero reports and such, and then driving to the election board to return materials.

When I got home, I reached in my pocket for the keys to open my front door. I accidentally pulled out the keys to my voting machine, which I had forgot to reattach to my voting bag before I gave it to the election board workers. :rolleyes: I realized my mistake, threw my stuff in the house and went back to the car to go return the keys to the election board staffers.

Instead of getting in the side car line which still had about 50 or so cars in it, for returning election materials, I drove by this line to enter the main entrance for the election board. It was blocked with cones to keep people from inadvertently entering here, with their election materials.(instead of getting into the line of cars. where you were supposed to be) So I drove to the next block and took a right turn, and then another right turn into the place where people were exiting, after returning their election material.

I zipped in this exit, so I would not stay in the way of the cars exiting. Drove just barely into a lane where you look for a space to park your car. I stopped here, not worried about being in the way of cars who were parking. Nobody parks in this lot while the election board is taking everybody's materials. So I zip in rather quickly, park cockeyed in the parking lane, and jump out of my car.

I walk rather quickly on a regular basis, but I was even walking quicker so I could give them my keys, and get out of the way. I was at a really really fast walk to a slow jog as I'm approaching the admittance woman, who takes your sheet from you, right before the workers pull all your stuff from the car.

Suddenly 5 or 6 police officers 10 to 15 yds away from me, who are there for reasons of safety,(for election materials, for election board staffers, and for the inspectors returning their materials) turned aggressively towards me, some of their arms moving downwards towards their firearms.

Thank god, I instinctively raised my keys,(to my voting machine) up to above head level, and outward, to be obvious as to why I was there. I rapid fire said why I was there, as I was raising the keys. The officers all immediately relaxed in a sense of gratitude for why I was there, but also I believe a sense of relief that I was not there as a terrorist.

Whew! An awfully absent minded, lack of awareness move on my part, to return my keys. I was 1 or 2 seconds away from guns being pulled,(and possibly fired) I am sure. :eek:🤯🤢

Last edited:
Just thought I'd share my idiot move, working the election on Tuesday. After the election, as the inspector, I returned my election materials to the Election board Tuesday night. Waited like normal on Denver street, in a line behind 30 or 40 cars, for my turn to return my election materials. Spent about 20 or 30 minutes in line to return my materials. Then drove home tired from a 15 hour day driving to the voting site, working the election, taking down the election, tabulating zero reports and such, and then driving to the election board to return materials.

When I got home, I reached in my pocket for the keys to open my front door. I accidentally pulled out the keys to my voting machine, which I had forgot to reattach to my voting bag before I gave it to the election board workers. :rolleyes: I realized my mistake, threw my stuff in the house and went back to the car to go return the keys to the election board staffers.

Instead of getting in the side car line which still had about 50 or so cars in it, for returning election materials, I drove by this line to enter the main entrance for the election board. It was blocked with cones to keep people from inadvertently entering here, with their election materials.(instead of getting into the line of cars. where you were supposed to be) So I drove to the next block and took a right turn, and then another right turn into the place where people were exiting, after returning their election material.

I zipped in this exit, so I would not stay in the way of the cars exiting. Drove just barely into a lane where you look for a space to park your car. I stopped here, not worried about being in the way of cars who were parking. Nobody parks in this lot while the election board is taking everybody's materials. So I zip in rather quickly, park cockeyed in the parking lane, and jump out of my car.

I walk rather quickly on a regular basis, but I was even walking quicker so I could give them my keys, and get out of the way. I was at a really really fast walk to a slow jog as I'm approaching the admittance woman, who takes your sheet from you, right before the workers pull all your stuff from the car.

Suddenly 5 or 6 police officers 10 to 15 yds away from me, who are there for reasons of safety,(for election materials, for election board staffers, and for the inspectors returning their materials) turned aggressively towards me, some of their arms moving downwards towards their firearms.

Thank god, I instinctively raised my keys,(to my voting machine) up to above head level, and outward, to be obvious as to why I was there. I rapid fire said why I was there, as I was raising the keys. The officers all immediately relaxed in a sense of gratitude for why I was there, but also I believe a sense of relief that I was not there as a terrorist.

Whew! An awfully absent minded, lack of awareness move on my part, to return my keys. I was 1 or 2 seconds away from guns being pulled,(and possibly fired) I am sure. :eek:🤯🤢
You better be careful Donnie J is going to point to you as evidence of election fraud.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
ADVERTISEMENT