ADVERTISEMENT

Army to American

I assume having two conference teams playing each other in a non-conference game comes down to those two schools and CBS wanting to control the revenue from the game opposed to throwing it into the AAC pot?

I assume having two conference teams playing each other in a non-conference game comes down to those two schools and CBS wanting to control the revenue from the game opposed to throwing it into the AAC pot?
Winner Winner Win GIF by giphystudios2021

This will free up four non-conference games on our schedule in 2025-2028. Maybe we can work something out with other teams that Army will have to drop.

Reactions: TULSARISING
This will free up four non-conference games on our schedule in 2025-2028. Maybe we can work something out with other teams that Army will have to drop.
Liberty, Wake Forest, and Marshall play them in '25 & '26. The only opponent they have in '27 & '28 is Uconn. I say we pass on Uconn. The three opponents they have for '25 & '26 all look like teams I wouldn't mind having a 1-1 with.

The conference championship is the week before so it wouldn't make any sense for the Army/Navy game to have an impact on the conference standings. I'm sure one of the stipulations to Army joining was to keep the game on the last week before the bowls begin.

Theoretically Army Navy could play for the conference championship one weekend and then have their annual game the following weekend!

Reactions: TU_BLA and drboobay
The conference championship is the week before so it wouldn't make any sense for the Army/Navy game to have an impact on the conference standings. I'm sure one of the stipulations to Army joining was to keep the game on the last week before the bowls begin.
The game could still be classified as a conference game which simply doesn’t count in the standings. I assume the reason the game is a non-conference game has to do with the ESPN contract which covers all conference games and is part of the AAC’s media right’s deal.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
It’s all good. Can’t wait for TU to host Army. Never seen an Army game live. But I remember Paul’s amazing performance in a win at West Point. A proud memory.

I remember .the chills of the Navy chant the first time the Middies played here. “For sailors lost on sea.”

Any home game v Army or Navy is a big deal for TU, the conference and the community.

Reactions: TUMU and drboobay
It’s all good. Can’t wait for TU to host Army. Never seen an Army game live. But I remember Paul’s amazing performance in a win at West Point. A proud memory.

I remember .the chills of the Navy chant the first time the Middies played here. “For sailors lost on sea.”

Any home game v Army or Navy is a big deal for TU, the conference and the community.
Nice if we could win one.

Reactions: TulsaGrad07
Navy: Tied with BYU for best game day staff and organization amongst the thirty or so places I’ve watched TU play football.

Army: Tied with Hawai’i for worst.

Let’s hope their professionalism and sportsmanship has improved in 15 years.

Close, but no cigar. It's..."for those in peril on the sea". The Navy Hymn gives me chills every time I hear it, too.

I watched Army beat SMU in a bowl game. In SMUs stadium. It was very enjoyable.

I look forward to TU beating them in the regular season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT