ADVERTISEMENT

Arkansas game thread

Lead down to 11, need to get it under 10 and a few more fouls on Arkansas by half time.

Maybe when he clapped his hands...
Let's see if Arkie gets any T's for clapping...

Folks...
The refs are not the reason Tulsa is getting killed!
Igbanu sucks this year.
TU's bigs suck so far.
Tough to win.

Arkansas has 12 fouls called on them at half. Can't expect much better than that on the road imo

and of course a miracle 3 to take a 16 point lead at the half. Ark way too hot from 3 for TU to stay in the game. But, the 6 or 7 turnovers by TU basically not coping with the Ark man-to-man led to 12-14 points of the lead.

I really hate playing in Fayetteville in any sport. And, the double T epitomizes the crappy referring we always face there.

Ridiculous officiating there at the end of the half. No way should Jackson have been assessed with a T after getting the ball thrown at him. We should have gotten it into single digits but if we can hold onto the ball and keep our players on the floor it’s not too big of a hill to climb.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Arkie up 50 - 34 at the half...
TU needs to make some half-time adjustments...

Does Haith ever make half-time adjustments?

The tech on Jackson is typical Arkansas home cookin. Guy who threw bal should be tossed. You don’t do that ever.

Just not our day. They are spreading us out and have shooters. Amazing what that does.

Musseleman is a prick. Needs to stay in box. Mimicking defense from box should be a technical every time. It’s certainly bad sportsmanship.

Reactions: noble cane
Folks...
The refs are not the reason Tulsa is getting killed!
Igbanu sucks this year.
TU's bigs suck so far.
Tough to win.

Igbanu has 10, on 3-4 from floor and 4-6 from the freethrow.

That is not the problem.

I do swear to God that if we continue to let people roll the ball in and apply no pressure with seconds left in the half I will put a highlight reel together and find the advance stats to send to Haith my self.

Ridiculous. They have a short bench and we go 10 deep. Run their f'n asses off.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
So much for being competitive in this game. Heading out to get the oil changed, I hope my dreams of a second half awakening that helps this team continue on its growth path come true

Igbanu has 10, on 3-4 from floor and 4-6 from the freethrow.

That is not the problem.

I do swear to God that if we continue to let people roll the ball in and apply no pressure with seconds left in the half I will put a highlight reel together and find the advance stats to send to Haith my self.

Ridiculous. They have a short bench and we go 10 deep. Run their f'n asses off.

He actually has 8. Box score mistake. But, he is playing better!

They are in semi serious foul trouble for who gets minutes on their roster.

He actually has 8. Box score mistake. But, he is playing better!

My bad. I just looked real quick because after a rough minute to start he has looked like old Igbanu.

They're early 3 shooting and our defensive mistakes have let them build the lead. Our turnovers and key refs decisions have prevented us from pulling them back.

Haith needs to go 3/4 press and fall back into man. Tulsa has to shoot better from 3. We need Korita to hit those big shots he has been. He missed a wide open 3 on a kick out at a critical point in the game. He has to make those versus good teams for TU to be successful this year.

There’s no excuse for a team with Jackson and Rachal to play so passive defensively.

Jackson should be on their pg at the end of half and game, applying pressure just to make it harder. Rachal needs to be on their best player not pg. Everybody else can pick up their players at half court. Not a hard equation to figure out here

Referee lurch is calling things across the court. He’s an asshole.

giphy-21.gif

Igbanu needs to play like this for us to be competitive, glad to see him being successful against this smaller, quicker lineup!

Reactions: TUBixby
Single digit lead for the first time since what, 15 minutes left in the first half?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT