ADVERTISEMENT

Allie Green

Honestly he hasn't gotten big headline grabbing stats and it's because people are afraid to throw towards him.

Reactions: drboobay
Yet it is a total defensive effort. The head coach needs to get some credit for finding talent like i have said before, even if you criticize his offensive scheme and game planning and in game decision making.

Reactions: Tulsafanzz
Who recruited these future NFL players.
Who hired the assistant coaches ?
2015 and 2016 teams were products of Bill Blankenship‘s /assistant coaches recruiting efforts and evaluation
Just like the 2019 & 2020 teams that have developed under Montgomery / coaches efforts

Four possibly NFL drafted football players from little old Tulsa U in two years is damn good .
I’m talking about getting drafted ,no free agent , and making a team roster .

Who hired the assistant coaches ?
2015 and 2016 teams were products of Bill Blankenship‘s /assistant coaches recruiting efforts and evaluation
Just like the 2019 & 2020 teams that have developed under Montgomery / coaches efforts

Four possibly NFL drafted football players from little old Tulsa U in two years is damn good .
I’m talking about getting drafted ,no free agent , and making a team roster .
Chris will correct us, but I believe Gipson was a BB that stayed with Tulsa. Green and Robinson were ID’d while the staff were at Baylor. Collins fell into their lap. I know that’s not a popular take, but even his own mother admits in the supposed truthful article that they had no idea TU would offer after countless camps. That’s not recruiting. That’s missing on all your other targets and not having better options with your budget and then Collins unexpectedly sprouting after he was signed. We’ve tried that with guys who have never played a snap too. It’s not like TU sent Lucious Selmon up to Hominy to live in his car for four months parked outside the kid’s house.

Last edited:
Chris will correct us, but I believe Gipson was a BB that stayed with Tulsa. Green and Robinson were ID’d while the staff were at Baylor. Collins fell into their lap. I know that’s not a popular take, but even his own mother admits in the supposed truthful article that they had no idea TU would offer after countless camps. That’s not recruiting. That’s missing on all your other targets and not having better options with your budget and then Collins unexpectedly sprouting after he was signed. We’ve tried that with guys who have never played a snap too. It’s not like TU sent Lucious Selmon up to Hominy to live in his car for four months parked outside the kid’s house.

You could be correct about the indirect path these players took to get on TU’s campus,
but the fact remains that they play for Tulsa University . You have to love the underdog
mentality to support TU athletics because that’s their DNA . TU’s athletic budget has got to
be near or at the bottom of the AAC conference which includes coaches salaries ,recruiting
budget & operational overhead . We witness every season where a football player stands out
after being ignored by the Power Five heavyweights. It just happens that this year TU has
Collins , Jaxon Player , Allie Green and Big Cat that could play for anybody . Regardless of
who gets credit I’m glad they are here and getting noticed . This can only benefit recruiting.

There is only one defensive staff that has coached them to the point of being able to play on Sundays.

let's make sure we keep those guys around! or promote them all!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT