ADVERTISEMENT

AAC Championship Game

TU_BLA

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2012
Tulsa, OK
So the game has been set. Tulsa @ Cincinnati, 7pm, Saturday December 19th on ABC. We're freaking playing in the prime time slot. I wonder who will get the PBP and color assignments as that slot is usually the Fowler/Herbstreit pairing.

Also, national TV stage for Zaven Collins.

The time and network has been set for a few weeks. It would have been a big deal for ABC to come here for a game. I don’t recall them being here since the early 80’s when ABC had a regional broadcast of 1 MVC game each season.

Going to be an interesting game.

We will need to eliminate all of our mindless penalties and play a perfect game to beat them. Just like in boxing, the champ will get the questionable points. We will need to be the aggressor all game long.

I just really hope that Monty doesnt get stage fright and turtle our offense during his big job interview. Schools with openings all around the country will get to see the man behind the Briles in action. Lets hope he doesnt disappoint.

I just saw Cincinnati has the 4th longest home win streak in the country at 19 games. It'd be a shame for that streak to come to an end.
We've ended some pretty significant streaks this year. UCF had a huge winning streak at home spanning about 4 seasons that we ended. Navy had a 17 year unbeaten streak on their senior days that we just ended.

Why not end one more!

#TulsavsErrybody

We need Player, Goodlow, Zaven, and Wright to hit Ridder pretty early and often and make him unsettle his feet. Once you get a QBs feet unsettled, they start to miss throws. Missed throws turn into TOs. We also need to have eye discipline for our LBs and Ray. They will be tasked at keeping Ridder contained in the pocket which will also be a key. We did a decent job against most of the QBs who like to tuck and run this season.

We need Player, Goodlow, Zaven, and Wright to hit Ridder pretty early and often and make him unsettle his feet. Once you get a QBs feet unsettled, they start to miss throws. Missed throws turn into TOs. We also need to have eye discipline for our LBs and Ray. They will be tasked at keeping Ridder contained in the pocket which will also be a key. We did a decent job against most of the QBs who like to tuck and run this season.
We need to go "Coastal" on him.

Like was said earlier, we have really played better on the road this year. Not sure why, but the offense has been more efficient and we've scored better on the road.

The time and network has been set for a few weeks. It would have been a big deal for ABC to come here for a game. I don’t recall them being here since the early 80’s when ABC had a regional broadcast of 1 MVC game each season.
I want to say
I want to say ABC was here one of the last 2 times OU visited us. I remember the SkyCam was put up which means it was on either ABC or ESPN in most cases.

Reactions: TU_BLA
They're big and physical at almost every position and Doakes is a load. I think we have to beat on them to win this. It's like a Kstate basketball game

Last edited:
When they made us play that bowl in Miami over our objections, in part because of conflict with graduation, we staged a private commencement for Ryan Rubley and one other player, complete with pomp and circumstance, a faculty speech, presidential handshaking pictures across a stage, etc.

Wouldnt it be an epic troll to stage a Senior Day during the pre-game stretch at Cincy? Have the players walk out under the goal posts with Mom, Hold up framed jerseys to the confused crowd, etc.? Heck, charter the Rice band to come up and lampoon the whole mess.

So the game has been set. Tulsa @ Cincinnati, 7pm, Saturday December 19th on ABC. We're freaking playing in the prime time slot. I wonder who will get the PBP and color assignments as that slot is usually the Fowler/Herbstreit pairing.

Also, national TV stage for Zaven Collins.
Fowler and Herbstreit have done day games before but your right that is prime time and it will be great exposure

Reactions: HuffyCane
When they made us play that bowl in Miami over our objections, in part because of conflict with graduation, we staged a private commencement for Ryan Rubley and one other player, complete with pomp and circumstance, a faculty speech, presidential handshaking pictures across a stage, etc.

Wouldnt it be an epic troll to stage a Senior Day during the pre-game stretch at Cincy? Have the players walk out under the goal posts with Mom, Hold up framed jerseys to the confused crowd, etc.? Heck, charter the Rice band to come up and lampoon the whole mess.
I heard that we asked for a waiver to allow all the seniors on the travelling squad for some sort of recognition.

I could be wrong but I believe everyone gets to travel to a championship game and a bowl game.

I wonder why the administration would have said this on a call if they did not need permission to travel a larger group. But I am the middleman, maybe something got lost in translation. Regardless I hope it happens and that some parents are able to be there for the recognition.

BTW I may be foolish, but I have a good feeling about the game. I think our players will do everything to be ready, considering how disrespected they have been. They will leave it all on the field and have an extra level of focus.

I mean like the brawls we've had with them
I know. I just felt it was appropriate to point out that Weber's team has fallen off a ton. Ft. Hays State was winless (0-3, losses by a combined 8 pts, DII opponents) and beat K State by 13 in Manhattan. Probably the same level of loss as SEOSU

I wonder why the administration would have said this on a call if they did not need permission to travel a larger group. But I am the middleman, maybe something got lost in translation. Regardless I hope it happens and that some parents are able to be there for the recognition.

BTW I may be foolish, but I have a good feeling about the game. I think our players will do everything to be ready, considering how disrespected they have been. They will leave it all on the field and have an extra level of focus.
Maybe COVID has changed that but in normal times the whole team travels to championships and bowls as everyone plays a part on the team..... some start some prepare them to start as members of the scout team but everyone has a job and a part in the teams success. That’s what I was told but again I could be wrong and there is COVID so that could change things .

I’m pretty sure they will pick the middle game which is the Clemson vs notre dame in Charlotte
That would make sense. I would think it will be Blackledge and Sean Whatever.

Why send the ABC first team to a G5 game being played opposite the SEC Championship game.

Reactions: loca2874
McDonnough? A little long in the tooth, but they're both OK, I guess. I'll be listening to Bruce & Rick, anyway.
I tried to do that for one of the basketball games and couldn't get the sound to line up with the TV feed. Sort of crazy.

I tried to do that for one of the basketball games and couldn't get the sound to line up with the TV feed. Sort of crazy.
As far as I can tell the broadcast doesn't maintain it's time distance from the live broadcast, and makes that impossible. Through one commercial break the game would be 27 seconds behind the live broadcast, and during the next one it is 43 seconds behind. And it goes back and forth, the third one would be 19 seconds behind. So there is no rhyme or reason to predict it.

Put this on your Christmas list

Sportsyncradio
Read my post above. And at times they are more than 60s behind. I have tried to do it before with devices like this device over the past few years, and they simply did not maintain that distance behind the live broadcast. I would have to recalibrate it many times through the entire broadcast. I couldn't even concentrate on the game having to do this over and over.

I have used it for years and rarely have had any problem at all. I can't explain your experience. The broadcast that I am syncing to is on Cox cable.

I have used it for years and rarely have had any problem at all. I can't explain your experience. The broadcast that I am syncing to is on Cox cable.
The ones I used over the years did not have 60s. I don't have much hope for it, but with your of confidence maybe I'll try it. Thanks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT