ADVERTISEMENT

3-star guard Curran Scott will decide after TU trip -- story linked

The kids got a pretty great mid range pull up. It just irks me that we're going to end up with the 3rd or 4th best player in Oklahoma when we whiffed on the top two. And SMU stole one from our back yard.

The kids got a pretty great mid range pull up. It just irks me that we're going to end up with the 3rd or 4th best player in Oklahoma when we whiffed on the top two. And SMU stole one from our back yard.
and another more talented guard left the program.

TX

I don't know if I'd go that far... I think Scott is pretty talented, he's just no Shake Milton
I was comparing Scott to Littlejohn, I think Littlejohn looked more talented when comparing HS footage.

TX

Last edited:
Surprised Tulsa coaches can't keep this level of talent in state! My guess is TU wanted Scott to redshirt this next year given our retuning depth and he didn't want to. I would understand that if this was the reason.

Why would we want to add another player to the 2016 class which a redshirt would result? I can't imagine that we wouldn't want him to gain some experience heading into the 2016-2017. Adding another freshman eligibility wise to that 2016 class makes very little sense imo.

I like to think it makes more sense then Charlotte out recruiting us. If this is the case, it makes me sick at my stomach!

He told NewsOk that he hit it off with HC Mark Price and wanted to play for the legendary Oklahoma guard. Sometimes coaches and kids just connect. He's a mid-major recruit imo who has a chance to be a major conference type of player in a few years. I would be shocked if we can't find an equally talented replacement.

Reactions: GoldandBlew
He told NewsOk that he hit it off with HC Mark Price and wanted to play for the legendary Oklahoma guard. Sometimes coaches and kids just connect. He's a mid-major recruit imo who has a chance to be a major conference type of player in a few years. I would be shocked if we can't find an equally talented replacement.

At least he wasn't offered by SMU.....

Looks like I may have spoken too soon.

Time and the supply of talent is not in our favor. Hard to take, the staff has known the needs for next year for sometime. Out of 57 states the coaches should have in hand a big and a shooter.

Reactions: WATU2
Well....we just took a commitment from a kid out of Louisiana who I can't find in any recruiting site database and to per his AAU team twitter had one other offer from SE Missouri State. Ugg

Well....we just took a commitment from a kid out of Louisiana who I can't find in any recruiting site database and to per his AAU team twitter had one other offer from SE Missouri State. Ugg
Apparently the staff has been recruiting a number of 2016 kids who play on the same AAU team and Brown's play has convinced them of his talent and a case of a player who was overlooked.

TX

Yes, we've offered 3 players off NO Elite, Kajon Brown, Malik Crowfield and Lamar Peters. Likewise, we've offered 4 from the Arkansas Wings, 6-4 SG Payton Willis, 6-1 PG Tyrik Dixon, 6-10 C Mitchell Smith and 6-8 PF Eric Curry. All we're missing from the Wings is a wing, but I doubt we would have a chance at their super star wing Malik Monk.

4* PF Camreon Lard played for NO Elite in their most recent tournament. He is a top 75 national player. Would love to see us get involved with his recruitment.

Hopefully Brown can help us with a few of these kids. Taking his commitment is a bit puzzling imo.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT