ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Tulsa Spring Roster Analysis

And just like that, depth at D-line disappears with Flanary and Pugh gone. Tristan Wyatt moving on is a bummer too.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
We seem to be dangerously thin at Offensive Tackle. Only three players there, besides the freshman. I'm assuming we are going to have to move a guard over to Tackle just to cover the two deep. Three deep would only be 1st year freshman. An injury or two and we are screwed. Losing Muhammed and Wyatt hurts. This is the thinnest spot on the team, considering freshmen are just not ever really ready to play their first year on the OL. Here's my OL roster minus the first year freshman, correct me if I'm off on something. @Chris Harmon

OT: Ivy, Gadlin, & Wheeler
OG: Couch, Bivens, Greathouse, Paul, & Bucktrot
C: Hartin & Owens

We seem to be dangerously thin at Offensive Tackle. Only three players there, besides the freshman. I'm assuming we are going to have to move a guard over to Tackle just to cover the two deep. Three deep would only be 1st year freshman. An injury or two and we are screwed. Losing Muhammed and Wyatt hurts. This is the thinnest spot on the team, considering freshmen are just not ever really ready to play their first year on the OL. Here's my OL roster minus the first year freshman, correct me if I'm off on something. @Chris Harmon

This offense requires oversized guards to function correctly. Tough to move them around like chess piece like you can in other offenses.

OT: Ivy, Gadlin, Hartin, wheeler, red shirt freshman?
OG: Paul, Bucktrot, Bivens, Greathouse, red shirt freshman?
C: Couch, Owens

I believe that’s how spring ball ended up last Thursday. Somewhat in that order.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
OT: Ivy, Gadlin, Hartin, wheeler, red shirt freshman?
OG: Paul, Bucktrot, Bivens, Greathouse, red shirt freshman?
C: Couch, Owens

I believe that’s how spring ball ended up last Thursday. Somewhat in that order.
1L:Ivy 1R:Gadlin 2L:Hartin 2R:Wheeler? etc. at L & R Guard
or
1L, 2L,, 1R, 2R

I met Willie Wright before last season and he told me that Gadlin (who at that point hadn’t only been through his first fall camp at TU and was already Wright’s backup) was the real deal. I’m very impressed but not surprised to hear he’s at the top of the depth chart already.

Reactions: quincy101
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT