ADVERTISEMENT

2019 recruits-Are they all here (and in school?)

seniorgolfer

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Gold Member
Apr 7, 2004
Two or three have asked but no one has answered....Are all of our 2019 BB recruits
here, in school, and working out?

I always seem to get more curious when no info is forthcoming.......It seems that this
membership would somehow give us that information.....

Last edited:
You might be better served posting that in the Alley if you want it answered based on your board membership.

Two or three have asked but no one has answered....Are all of our 2019 BB recruits
here, in school, and working out?

I always seem to get more curious when no info is forthcoming.......It seems that this
membership would somehow give us that information.....
I just saw this. Yes...Ugboh, Rachal, Hill and Earley are all on campus. If you want to get my attention on a question, best bet is to post in Hurricane Alley and tag me with @Chris Harmon :smiley:

Reactions: Gold* and TU_BLA
They are all in practice. Too early for a valuable evaluation.

I’m not on campus yet, but I have 4 years of eligibility remaining. At 5’8” and 63 years old, I’m sure Frank could find a place for me.

Reactions: HuffyCane
I’m not on campus yet, but I have 4 years of eligibility remaining. At 5’8” and 63 years old, I’m sure Frank could find a place for me.
Yes... near the water jug....

We probably won't hear about KES's eligibility until September, right?
It's easy to visualize a very high stack of waiver requests on someone's desk at the NCAA
who is probably on vacation this time of year....It might be a while....

I read the new rules for waivers somewhere (they are confusing, at least to me), but it
would seem they would be ex post facto to KES's transfer, and wouldn't apply.....

If he is healthy and ready to go, let's hope the waiver is granted....He is obviously a real
talent, and could make a difference by the time the conf. season starts.....

All here....a few minor injuries holding a couple back. No word on eligibility status of KES.
Does 'all' include Curtis Haywood, the transfer from G.T.?

He is probably not a waiver candidate, so his reporting date may be different......

He is probably not a waiver candidate, so his reporting date may be different......

I am at the practice. Yes. Haywood is here. Everyone is here. Most athleticism I have seen in years.

That is, in fact, the goal of the sport.
I.I. post 258309 said:
The most important thing is whether the shots fall for this group.
Yes, Haywood is here. Everyone is here. Most athleticism I have seen in years.

The 'goal' of the sport?:rolleyes:....While we witnessed TxTech and Houston go a very long way
by playing the whole court so very well, you're right! They don't call it 'hoops' for nutin'....

With KES (hopefully), or without, we will obviously be a better defensive and rebounding
team....It appears we now have the athletes (and size) to do it....Given that, our hopes
for post season play may well depend on our ability to improve our shooting, and to
minimize turnovers....These are both recurring problems during the Haith years....

Hill, Joiner, and hopefully Christopoulos (and Korita at point forward), need to be the play
makers, and the coaches need to drill, drill, drill on handling and passing by the whole
team......So many new players makes that a necessary point of emphasis!

Last edited:
My first tidbit to throw out on the new guys is how impressive true Freshman Josh Earley looks. He should definitely get some competitive time this year and is a monster on the boards. Surprised me...........
Does that speak to guys like Ugboh / Rachal not being physical enough? lol

Also, I'm curious how guys like Hill are adapting to D-1 speed and size being all over the floor.

Does that speak to guys like Ugboh / Rachal not being physical enough? lol

Also, I'm curious how guys like Hill are adapting to D-1 speed and size being all over the floor.

My comment only applies to Earley. I will address the others later after more practices. Last year I got caught praising Falukun, who struggled when they turned on the big lights. Then later he got hurt.

There were a couple guys who looked fantastic last July only to struggle when the real games started.

My comment only applies to Earley. I will address the others later after more practices. Last year I got caught praising Falukun, who struggled when they turned on the big lights. Then later he got hurt.
Falokun did look very good early in real games. I think he was injured well before he put on the boot. I’m hoping we see the practice and early OOC Falokun this season.

I’m hoping to see some quality shooting from Hill.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
My first tidbit to throw out on the new guys is how impressive true Freshman Josh Earley looks. He
should definitely get some competitive time this year and is a monster on the boards. Surprised me....
My comment only applies to Earley. I will address the
others later after more practices. Last year I got caught praising Falokun, who struggled when they
turned on the big lights. Then later he got hurt.
Falokun did look very good early in real games. I think he was injured well before he put on the boot.
I’m hoping we see the practice and early OOC Falokun this season.

I’m hoping to see some quality shooting from Hill.

Good News about Earley....Among other things, that means we have another 'Big' strong enough
to make the scrimmages more competitive.....

It was pretty obvious when Falokun returned to play later last season that he was being shoved out
of rebounding position too easily....His injury may have had something to do with that, but this off
season will be/is a great opportunity for him to put one some muscle and weight....

Earley, Ugbuh, Igbanu, and Falokun represent more depth at the five position than I can recall
in recent seasons.....That will allow Horne to play facing the basket all of the time, which
is where he is most effective.....

I.I.....Looking forward to your further comments on the team as you see more practices...Your
evaluations are always right on!

Reactions: Bill Lowery
I hope they can shoot effectively from 3 ? We need good shooters,losing Scott could be big blow. I think he had our best 3 point percentage

I hope they can shoot effectively from 3 ? We need good shooters,losing Scott could be big blow. I think he had our best 3 point percentage

Yes he did have the highest percent, we desperately need a few shooters out of the incomers. We had 4 players shoot 34% or higher. Horne is the only one still on the team (37.4%).

The only other two returning players to make a 3 last season for TU, Joiner and Korita, shot 32.9% and 30.1% respectively.

Yes he did have the highest percent, we desperately need a few shooters out of the incomers. We had 4 players
shoot 34% or higher. Horne is the only one still on the team (37.4%).

The only other two returning players to make a 3 last season for TU, Joiner and Korita, shot 32.9% and 30.1%
respectively.

Sobering....I have always felt those two were/are better shooters than that....BUT!!....I was in
Missouri once (or twice).....Show me!!

Last edited:
Reactions: cmullinsTU
Hope I.I can tell us if any of the new ones or old ones look good shooting the 3.

I think everyone on the squad will see an uptick in shooting simply due to the threat of an inside out game and the increased space. If everyone works out as expected there should be opportunities where the shooter doesn’t always have a defender in his grill. There simply haven’t been many clean open looks the last several years.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
I think everyone on the squad will see an uptick in shooting simply due to the threat of an
inside out game and the increased space. If everyone works out as expected there should
be opportunities where the shooter doesn’t always have a defender in his grill. There
simply haven’t been many clean open looks the last several years.

Yes....It is easy to see there are some possibilities that we didn't have last season...It appears
that we will clean the defensive glass quite a bit better, be somewhat better in takeaways, and
that should allow us more transition opportunities....

How we handle our half court sets will be critical....Jackson and Rachal will be able to take it to
the hole, but what you suggest will really be important.....How our PGs get the ball into the post,
and vice versa when there isn't an inside scoring opportunity, will really determine our offensive effectiveness....

Our post position players of recent seasons, save Magnay, have been reluctant to give back the ball
when they should.....I hope the coaching staff changes cause a true inside out game with our posts...

The post is often the very best assist man for open 3 point shooters.....There is a lot of coaching
required before that initial tip off.....If this team develops as it should, we are in for a good season....

Last edited:
Reactions: rusty-c
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT