ADVERTISEMENT

2016-2017 Roster

Apr 6, 2016
Just check the TU Website and they released 2016-2017 roster. Including the 5 returning players, 9 new players and a player called Alex Foree. I think he is student manager in season 2015-2016

Reactions: jesterondirt
Just check the TU Website and they released 2016-2017 roster. Including the 5 returning players, 9 new players and a player called Alex Foree. I think he is student manager in season 2015-2016
He's a walk on. He'll replace Nick Wood who graduated last year. I think he's from Ft. Smith.

Interesting. Father Daryl Deckard was in Nolan's last recruiting class. Hardly played as a freshman on loaded 1985 team. Was a 6-5 wing.

Played a little on 1986 JD Barnett team. Was 8th man in a rotation where only seven usually played. An injury before MVC tourney to guard Herb Suggs got the rotation down to six.

In NCAA tourney against Navy and its hot tempered point guard, foul trouble in first half got Deckard into the game. He scored six points, hitting all of his outside shots in the first half to help keep Tulsa in the game.

Deckard wasn't on the team the next two years, but stayed at TU and graduated. Seemed like a really nice guy.

Deckard's 1985 teammate, Herb Johnson, just retired at age 53 from pro ball in Europe. Good article about him in the World today.

Was a really good article by Kelly w/ the exception of putting him on the NIT team. I am admire his life, and am a little envious. He has made an impact in this world.

Reactions: Larry Lewis
Interesting. Father Daryl Deckard was in Nolan's last recruiting class. Hardly played as a freshman on loaded 1985 team. Was a 6-5 wing.

Played a little on 1986 JD Barnett team. Was 8th man in a rotation where only seven usually played. An injury before MVC tourney to guard Herb Suggs got the rotation down to six.

In NCAA tourney against Navy and its hot tempered point guard, foul trouble in first half got Deckard into the game. He scored six points, hitting all of his outside shots in the first half to help keep Tulsa in the game.

Deckard wasn't on the team the next two years, but stayed at TU and graduated. Seemed like a really nice guy.
Acquired an intense dislike for Navy's scrawny point guard during that 1st round NCAA game('85?). I mean, how hard was it to keep feeding the "Admiral" for dunks that TU couldn't stop. Couldn't believe it when this twerp became our head coach. His results justified my dislike from the get-go.

I've got a good idea for our marketing person for a pre-game video...wait we don't have one.

TU Basketball Twitter account has been posting pics of players interacting with Kelly Hines, during workouts, etc. magnate is on campus. He's big. Really big. Reminds me of Doleac from Utah. He needs some weight room refinement as he still appears to have some baby fat. Once he does that he looks like he could be the strong ox underneath that we haven't had in a while.

Most likely Edogi will take Marquel's place as the team clown...

TU Basketball Twitter account has been posting pics of players interacting with Kelly
Hines, during workouts, etc.

Magnay is on campus. He's big. Really big. Reminds me of Doleac from Utah. He needs
some weight room refinement as he still appears to have some baby fat. Once he does
that he looks like he could be the strong ox underneath that we haven't had in a while.

Thanks for the info....When I read about his need for more physical development, etal.,
I recall Gold* saying that he may be more likely to red shirt than Martins Igbanu....In
some respects I hope not, but the need may well be there....

One thing for sure....With him coming in now, the coaches will know well before the
season starts what direction to take for him.....That's almost four months away.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT