ADVERTISEMENT

2/29 games

ctt8410

I.T.S. Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2003
No surprise, but Syracuse picks up loss #11 at UNC. They'll be underdogs in their last regular season game at Florida State.

Our RPI is most dependent on other teams' record as I recall, and Memphis does have a winning record vs d1. Guess that must be the reason for the modest drop.

Look for Syracuse, Michigan and Florida being the +55 RPI teams that get an at large. Very early lots can change but over the last 5 years at least two and sometimes three +55 RPI P5 teams get an at large.

If Florida loses tonight they may move into the 60's

Michigan has top ten Iowa so they probably lose as well.

GO TU!!!!

What are our advanced rankings? Kenpom Sagarin etc... Compared to other bubble squads

Look for Syracuse, Michigan and Florida being the +55 RPI teams that get an at large. Very early lots can change but over the last 5 years at least two and sometimes three +55 RPI P5 teams get an at large.

If Florida loses tonight they may move into the 60's

Michigan has top ten Iowa so they probably lose as well.

GO TU!!!!
Wouldn't count Michigan as a guaranteed loss to Iowa just yet. Iowa is fool's gold IMO. If you've watched them play, they're really not that good. If TU got in as a 12, I would love to see Iowa on the 5 line opposite us.

What are our advanced rankings? Kenpom Sagarin etc... Compared to other bubble squads

"Every Monday, each committee member receives a composite ranking of six rating systems -- NCAA RPI, KenPom, Sagarin, LRMC, KPI and BPI."

RPI 39
KPI 42
KenPom 43
BPI 47
LRMC 53
Sagarin 55
Average 47

UConn 35
Cinci 35
VCU 38
Gonzaga 40
Florida 41
Butler 43
Tulsa 47
Oregon State 54
St Bonaventure 69
Alabama 70
Temple 79

I have to think if we take care of USF and win two in the tourney we're in. If we make it to the finals, win or lose, selection Sunday will be very interesting.

Reactions: Tu Geo
I have to think if we take care of USF and win two in the tourney we're in. If we make it to the finals, win or lose, selection Sunday will be very interesting.

I tend to agree although a lot will depend on who we play in the tournament as well as other bubble results. It'd be really nice if we were on the opposite side of the bracket from Cincinnati. Not only are they our worst matchup, they're also a team that's probably going to get in the tournament, so if we lost to them in the finals I think we'd have a good chance to get in.

I called Bruce Howard about something and he said there is a pretty good chance that Smith will play Saturday. Also he said big E is really sick and they were doing tests on him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT