ADVERTISEMENT

2.14 in the AAC

TU_BLA

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2012
Tulsa, OK
Memphis hammers USF in Tampa. Cincy down by 6 at the half to Tulane. Tulane only scored 19 pts in the first half. Do the math; one of the worst offensive halves I have ever seen. Temple hammering ECU early
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Cincy has always played ugly basketball. They are defense first, & very physical defense at that. They fit in with the physical Big East play of recent years very well. Their lack of offense is usually the source of their struggles in the NCAA tournament.

I hope they duplicate today's shooting on March 4th in Tulsa.

There length could again cause us problems but they are indeed beatable.

UConn looks like they are running in the mud. Just slower than SMU. A lot like us vs UConn on Thursday.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

SMU has final four talent. Period. Very very good team. Top 10 talent.

yet two losses to Cinncy, that lost by 30 at Temple an today at home to Tulane. Not yet sold on Smoo.

Final four talent? Is there a first round draft pick on that team? Maybe top 20 talent...

Originally posted by lawpoke87:
Final four talent? Is there a first round draft pick on that team? Maybe top 20 talent...
Agree 100%. SMU struggles with the 3 pt shot, especially when their lone threat Nic Moore is having an off night. A team with Final Four talent has multiple threats who can knock down the 3 at a clip of 35-40%. It does appear SMU has the best defensive team in the AAC.

I think SMU will be pushed in their next 3 games, vs Temple, at Memphis, at UCONN. They only receive a two day break in between the Memphis and UCONN games.

TX

Originally posted by texcane1982:
Agree 100%. SMU struggles with the 3 pt shot, especially when their lone threat Nic Moore is having an off night. A team with Final Four talent has multiple threats who can knock down the 3 at a clip of 35-40%. It does appear SMU has the best defensive team in the AAC.

I think SMU will be pushed in their next 3 games, vs Temple, at Memphis, at UCONN. They only receive a two day break in between the Memphis and UCONN games.

TX
Tulsa is a player away from top-20 good, and potentially top-10 good (depending on who the PTBNL are).

Originally posted by youngblood223:

TX
Tulsa is a player away from top-20 good, and potentially top-10 good (depending on who the PTBNL are).
Two players away.

As of 2/1515
It looks as though
SMU, Tulsa, & Temple
R separating themselves from the pack
for the best chance of winning
the regular season conference championship

From a 3 game losing streak to a 7 game win streak
Temple is the "hot" team right now
Next weeks' Big road swing thru Dallas & T-town
Could go along way in determining
Close w/ U Conn @ home

W/ just 4 games left,
2 games up on the win column over Temple/Tulsa
SMU is in the best position
to take charge of the conference championship race
But those 4 games are against the top teams
in the upper half of the AAC
& a tuff road trip (@ Memphis & @ U Conn)
after playing Temple @ home
They close w/ Tulsa @ home

Tulsa has the most difficult task of the bunch
W/ 3 straight home games
Tulsa has to hold serve @ home B4
playing @ 2 dangerous venues in Memphis & Dallas
while still squeezing one more home game w/ Cinn

When looking @ NCAA bids
AAC could B hard press to get 3 in
Especially if Tulsa falters &
Temple or SMU win the AAC Conference Tourney

W/ little or no hope in winning
Cincinnati will probably have to win 6 games to get a possible NCAA bid.
One of those wins must B vs. Cross town rival Xavier (16-10)
Loser probably looking on the outside of a NCAA @ large bid

Originally posted by t-townpod:
Originally posted by youngblood223:

TX
Two players away.
I actually meant two. I agree. We're two players away from being really, really good. One shooter would probably get us to the top-25 however. Look at how good this group has been at times with only one consistent shooter.

If we were in the NBA we could simply trade a guard for a big and drop non effective shooter for a pure shooter.

Poof!

Since we are in college - JUCO JUCO!

Shaq at point. Juice at shooting guard. Move Wright over to a power forward position (he needs to adjust his skill set, but this is where he obviously wants to play anyway). Everything else falls into place!

Advance to final 4, knock out that cheater Calipari - meet Kansas in the final and the student, becomes the master.

Then its all sunshine and bubblegum.

Ash, sort of agree but really this is different. We do not need two 5 star guys to get there. What we need are role players that cane found. WE have the athleticism but we need a rebounder, shot blocker/alterer who can hit the occasional jump hook and layup. Add to that a 3 point shooter that makes the defense honest. Does not have to be a great athlete. Those are players that are out there and we just need Haith to find them.
Not sure if Birt is one of this pieces. Like his stats but have to wonder why he has not been a true starter. The inside guy will most likely need to be a Juco. Does not have to be 7 foot. Give me a 6'8" inside presence with some hops and we will be there. There are those guys out there

Originally posted by JesseTU:
If we were in the NBA we could simply trade a guard for a big and drop non effective shooter for a pure shooter.

Poof!

Since we are in college - JUCO JUCO!

Shaq at point. Juice at shooting guard. Move Wright over to a power forward position (he needs to adjust his skill set, but this is where he obviously wants to play anyway). Everything else falls into place!

Advance to final 4, knock out that cheater Calipari - meet Kansas in the final and the student, becomes the master.

Then its all sunshine and bubblegum.
I'll have what he's having!!
blush.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT