ADVERTISEMENT

1981 NIT final on You Tube

oksportfan

I.T.S. Redshirt Freshman
Dec 5, 2003
I just uploaded the entire broadcast of the 1981 National Invitational Tournament final in which Tulsa defeated Syracuse to You Tube. I got this from an old VHS tape so the picture quality is not great. I hope some on this board might enjoy seeing it. If nothing else people can see if Digger Phelps' commentary was as biased towards Syracuse as they remember.

I just uploaded the entire broadcast of the 1981 National Invitational Tournament final in which Tulsa defeated Syracuse to You Tube. I got this from an old VHS tape so the picture quality is not great. I hope some on this board might enjoy seeing it. If nothing else people can see if Digger Phelps' commentary was as biased towards Syracuse as they remember.

Just watched the first and last 10 minutes. Thank you for finding it and loading it. The year we left mediocrity in men's basketball. I was there in MSG, but didn't remember much except when Mike Anderson missed the free-throw at end of regulation which allowed Cuse to tie and send it to OT. Also forgot that Pressey founded out in OT. I'm sure I was puckered up.

Reactions: TU Sepp
Ah, watching dead Digger Phelps make a fool of himself is comedy gold.

Reactions: TU Sepp
I wrote Digger a pointed letter. He was at Norte Dame. I received a warm reply. 😎

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Think about it, that team would have been our starting lineup that past season with Selebangue playing off the bench at both the 4 and the 5. Griffin would also been off the bench at the 1 and 2.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT