ADVERTISEMENT

High School Football Title Picks Again Im Almost Forgot Sorry

Jenks outscored Union 33-6 in the final 3 quarters and now will face Bixby for the gold ball. Thought Union would win that game.

Epic choke job by Union and most of it is on the coaches. Not sure why they decided to sit back and play a zone defense which allowed Jenks to dump and run on the passes and then the defense decided to stop tackling period. That and your golden boy coughs the ball up 3 times when Jenks hadn't shown an ability to stop Union at all in the first quarter and a half. It was just bad football from Union all around. Jenks is going to get absolutely hammered next week by Bixby.

Epic choke job by Union and most of it is on the coaches. Not sure why they decided to sit back and play a zone defense which allowed Jenks to dump and run on the passes and then the defense decided to stop tackling period. That and your golden boy coughs the ball up 3 times when Jenks hadn't shown an ability to stop Union at all in the first quarter and a half. It was just bad football from Union all around. Jenks is going to get absolutely hammered next week by Bixby.
Union Probably Has too fire him by now

Union Probably Has too fire him by now
That's not gonna happen. Frid leaves when he wants to leave. There's more to HS football than just winning state championships. They contend every year, but the kids that come into the program and leave as men are the real accomplishment and what should be the focus for HS athletics. And this isn't a BA situation where they fired a successful coach and the replacement is just not cutting it. When Frid has successive sub .500 seasons, then the question can be asked.

That's not gonna happen. Frid leaves when he wants to leave. There's more to HS football than just winning state championships. They contend every year, but the kids that come into the program and leave as men are the real accomplishment and what should be the focus for HS athletics. And this isn't a BA situation where they fired a successful coach and the replacement is just not cutting it. When Frid has successive sub .500 seasons, then the question can be asked.
He’ll never have a sub 500 season as long as the schedule is packed with Moore, Norman and Edmond teams.

He’ll never have a sub 500 season as long as the schedule is packed with Moore, Norman and Edmond teams.
Then what's BA's excuse? Every 6A team has to play a heavy dose of west schools. There are 16 teams in 6A-1, only 5 on the east side of the state. The other 11 are OKC suburb schools, so all of the east side schools have a schedule packed with Edmond, Moore, and Norman teams. And Yukon...poor Yukon.

And thinking a coach who went 10-2 on the season needs to be fired b/c he didn't win a championship is ridiculous. This is like Ohio State fans calling for them to get rid of Ryan Day because he is 1-3 against Michigan. He's 55-7 overall, but sure let's fire him because he's lost 3 games to Michigan. Same thing here. And if Union were to relieve him of his coaching duties, he'd be at BA by the end of the week. Or one of the Edmond schools.

BA is similar to Texas A&M. A program that has the resources to win big all the time yet they just haven’t been able to for a multitude of reasons.

It’s ironic that you bring up Ryan Day. I don’t think Ohio State will fire him like they did the last coach (John Cooper) who lost consecutive games to Michigan, but they won’t stand in the way if/when A&M comes calling.

Is Union going to fire Frid absent a sub 500 campaign….probably not. Doesn’t change the fact he’s the fourth best coach in the Tulsa metro. No doubt he’s a very good human being and role model. Unfortunately for Union he’s just an average football coach.

I’d be willing to wager Bixby will have more fans at that game than Owasso. Not sure school size should be the sole factor in 6A1. I am glad the games are in the Tulsa metro. Now can we move the championship game here as well? Dumb to force a bunch of Tulsa area kids to drive to Edmond.
Jenks will be the designated home team vs Bixby on Friday in Edmond.

Bixby up 21-0 early in the 2nd quarter. Looks like Jenks game plan is to ride Kayden Jones. He might have 40 touches tonight if they stay with their game plan.

Jenks was down big against Union in the semis. Can they come back again?

Bixby over Jenks 49-21. Spartans just rolled through 6A-1 this season and were never really tested.

I don’t believe Bixby has a single D1 commit on their team currently.

Last edited:
Bixby over Jenks 49-21. Spartans just rolled through 6A-1 this season and were never really tested.

Which is why Haisten should STFU about “greatest six-year run in history”. When Bixby puts half their defense into D1 and gives up only 14 yards rushing in a season, come talk to me, Bill Haisten. If you wanna be the Bixby SID, I’m sure Jay Bittle would hire you.

All directed at Scoop, who seems to forget high school football existed before 2017.

Reactions: TU_BLA
Which is why Haisten should STFU about “greatest six-year run in history”. When Bixby puts half their defense into D1 and gives up only 14 yards rushing in a season, come talk to me, Bill Haisten. If you wanna be the Bixby SID, I’m sure Jay Bittle would hire you.

All directed at Scoop, who seems to forget high school football existed before 2017.
I don’t have Jenks’ record in front of me but six straight ships and 9 of the last 10 is damn impressive. Average MOV this season was over 40 points and no game was closer than 17 points. All of that without high level D1 seniors. That said….those Jenks teams were loaded back in the day. Assume Trimble would be proud of Montgomery.

I don’t have Jenks’ record in front of me but six straight ships and 9 of the last 10 is damn impressive. Average MOV this season was over 40 points and no game was closer than 17 points. All of that without high level D1 seniors. That said….those Jenks teams were loaded back in the day. Assume Trimble would be proud of Montgomery.
I used to have it memorized and could name every Jenks QB going back to 1980 but I got old and cranky. There was one year Jenks rolled through the playoffs by scores of 63-0, 49-3, 41-6, and 56-8.

But since I’m obviously a sore loser lol, that Morrison 8-man team that won 2,000 games in a row would make Loren Montgomery squeal like a pig holding a pool cue.

Reactions: TulsaRulzOSUdrools

Jenks gave them a pretty good game at their joint. I watched a lot of it. I thought the championship would be a lot closer.

So the TW just released a list of FB coaches in the Tulsa area making more than $100k per year. They are:

Bill Blankenship $148k
Loren Montgomery $148k
Josh Blankenship $134k
Keith Roggs $116k
Dale Condict (Wagoner) $115k
Tucker Barnard (Stillwater) $109k
Travis Hill (Muskogee) $105k

What the hell is Muskogee doing paying any of their coaches more than $100k knowing the state of their schools? I understand he just won a state championship but unlike college football where success breeds success and gets more applications to your school, it's not like the kids going to Muskogee HS have a ton of available choices to them in terms of going to a different HS.

I would assume Fridrych at Union should have been included in this list but he is also an associate AD at Union. My guess is his coaching salary doesn't put him over the $100k but the additional responsibilities do.

On the Twitter thread, Jake Alexander pummels Josh Blankenship, and moreso, BA. Quote is "Paying a coach $134k to go 3-8 is Wild. But at some places it’s not about the success you have but by who you know"

So the TW just released a list of FB coaches in the Tulsa area making more than $100k per year. They are:

Bill Blankenship $148k
Loren Montgomery $148k
Josh Blankenship $134k
Keith Roggs $116k
Dale Condict (Wagoner) $115k
Tucker Barnard (Stillwater) $109k
Travis Hill (Muskogee) $105k

What the hell is Muskogee doing paying any of their coaches more than $100k knowing the state of their schools? I understand he just won a state championship but unlike college football where success breeds success and gets more applications to your school, it's not like the kids going to Muskogee HS have a ton of available choices to them in terms of going to a different HS.

I would assume Fridrych at Union should have been included in this list but he is also an associate AD at Union. My guess is his coaching salary doesn't put him over the $100k but the additional responsibilities do.

On the Twitter thread, Jake Alexander pummels Josh Blankenship, and moreso, BA. Quote is "Paying a coach $134k to go 3-8 is Wild. But at some places it’s not about the success you have but by who you know"
I always look at the economics. How many more tickets sold over the course of the season multiplied by the average ticket price are you gaining having a championship team? Is that number plus the average 6A2 coaches salary equal to Hill’s $105k.

Is this the same Travis Hill that got in trouble a few years back for renting out Tulsa Public Schools facilities then pocketing the payments?

I recall that the athletic director that he was in cahoots with did some prison time over that deal.

Is this the same Travis Hill that got in trouble a few years back for renting out Tulsa Public Schools facilities then pocketing the payments?

I recall that the athletic director that he was in cahoots with did some prison time over that deal.
Probably. Wasn't he the HC at East Central and really had them rolling for quite a few years. I don't think there is a doubt about his ability to coach. If you can win at Muskogee, you're doing something special.

Of all the things people do and get probation for I’m shocked the AD served prison time over this. Would have thought firing, restitution and probation.

TUBLA is correct. Hill appears to be one hell of a coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT