ADVERTISEMENT

Zaven watch party tonight on Espn

I’m not sure if anyone else knew this but I just found an article on Zaven, he’s already been chosen to be the green dot for the Cardinals defense. It is pretty common the MLB does that, but surprises me he’s doing so well they entrust a rookie that hasn’t played a down in the NFL with this responsibility. Way to go Zaven!

He's probably got the highest IQ on their defense already and we know his football IQ is off the charts as well.
I’m in my fifties and the first time I met him as a sophomore I thought he was older and smarter than me.

Reactions: drboobay
I’m in my fifties and the first time I met him as a sophomore I thought he was older and smarter than me.
What I failed to mention is that he's got incredible football instincts too. There's a reason he always seems to be in the right place. Doesn't mean he's going to make every play because the other team is trying to win too. The one thing Zaven will always need to beware of is the over pursuit (as do most of our LBs...the 75 yd run to open the OSU game 3-4 years back was a result of over pursuit and blowing past the hole where the RB cut back into.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT