ADVERTISEMENT

WSU game thread

I don’t think the officiating is one sided or anything but I don’t really get being super tight on moving screens or any kind of offensive infraction but then letting defenders do what they want

Echeniqie is a monster. I don’t think Igbanu could have played any better defense on the last basket and Echeniqie wasn’t phased in the least.

Outside of Echeniqie I’m not sure who to guard.

4 of our turnovers were the 2 illegal screens which I questioned both, and at least 2 travels. We’ve limited the live ball turnovers.

We do need to get into a better flow offensively. It seems like Igbanu has had the ball in advantageous positions and missed at least one, had the charge, and had the ball tied up on a reach in.

Hopefully we start running some of that motion or decide to post up Rachal or Horn and take advanatage of their size over the guys that have been guarding them. And it looks like we’ve been playing a lot of ISO ball since they play almost all man to man defense.

I liked that steal Ugboh got, want some more from those long arms.

That was a flop, but Igbanu has to take a step and go around... he is getting overpowered

Those WSU **ckers really know how to flop. Bastards.

Reactions: Gold*
We need more from Rachel down the stretch, he needs to get to 16+ for us to win tonight

Reactions: GoldenCaneKC
Echenique is soft. Flops at the slightest hint there might be contact. Refs can slap him with a T if they felt inclined(new rule this year). I have not seen it called this year.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
It's a man's game today, unless it's a moving screen.

Tulsa gonna earn the win if they get it.

Disappointed in our fight on the glass. Way too many guys standing and watching and no one beating up on Echenique.

Two very good defensive teams out there. We’ve got to find a way to put the ball in the basket.

Echenique is soft. Flops at the slightest hint there might be contact. Refs can slap him with a T if they felt inclined(new rule this year). I have not seen it called this year.

I can't remember which game but early this season we got the call twice and shot free throws. Echinnique has earned his multiple times today.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT