ADVERTISEMENT

WSU game thread

Man that was such an emotional post game interview with Joiner. Wow, he is an amazing kid.

That kid has a hunger so deep his voice sounds like a stomach growling, a fire that burns so hot he'll ignite his teammates, and a will to win that puts steel in this program.

I said at the end of last season, I thought our leadership would be night and day from last year with Elijah and Martins. Elijah is going to midwife in a new era of Tulsa basketball and I couldn't be happier about it.

And what better way to extend our winning streak than beating the breaks off of UCONN one last time!

If we can pull off win #7 against Uconn, this winning streak could end up being 10 games!

Put us at 8-1 in the first half of the season while holding serve at home. Good way to build momentum as we roll into the second half with important games coming up.

Had 2 WSU students behind at the game, They were great fans, the young man couldn't understand all the bad calls both ways and also the blatant no calls. It was his 1st game at the Don Rey, he said he will be back. He had a great time and enjoyed our game atmosphere. I asked him if his replay guys were as bad as ours...he said NO, that if their guys were that bad they would be fired. He was surprised that the replays were presented in a way that did very little to stir up or keep the fans in the game. I told I agreed with his assessment. He did not think the loss would hurt WSU's seeding and that overall it was good for the league.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
At 8 minutes before tip-off, there was more faded beige in the crowd than blue. At tip, everyone must have finished their cocktails & taken their seats because the place pretty much filled up. I'm guessing around 7400. BTW, we beat the Shuckers! Isn't that the 3rd top 25 team so far this year?(If this has already been mentioned by someone else, please forgive me)

At 8 minutes before tip-off, there was more faded beige in the crowd than blue. At tip, everyone must have finished their cocktails & taken their seats because the place pretty much filled up. I'm guessing around 7400. BTW, we beat the Shuckers! Isn't that the 3rd top 25 team so far this year?(If this has already been mentioned by someone else, please forgive me)

8089 officially

Even if it has been mentioned, it just keeps getting sweeter every time it gets brought up again!

ESPN had it #5 in top10 plays and had 4 garbage plays above it but we made the intro at the start
Nice to see

If you were the millenial i flipped off in the second half.. i'm not sorry... i graduated long before you quit sh!tting you diapers and smelling your fingers...

Had 2 WSU students behind at the game, They were great fans, the young man couldn't understand all the bad calls both ways and also the blatant no calls. It was his 1st game at the Don Rey, he said he will be back. He had a great time and enjoyed our game atmosphere. I asked him if his replay guys were as bad as ours...he said NO, that if their guys were that bad they would be fired. He was surprised that the replays were presented in a way that did very little to stir up or keep the fans in the game. I told I agreed with his assessment. He did not think the loss would hurt WSU's seeding and that overall it was good for the league.

We had a father and his two young kids sitting to the left of us and they shocker fans. Very nice and respectful. To my right I had another shocker fan who was an older looking woman, who was extremely annoying for the entire game and said " Get it to Erick" about every 10 seconds while sounding like Plankton. Then well after the game some wheatie said "see you in Wichita in a couple weeks" lol

Outside the Don post game some rando in the crowd hollered, "The Chiefs are gonna win the Super Bowl!". Another random man swiftly and cooly responded with "No they're not"! Good times lol

The hang time on Joiners jumper was I dare say MJ like. Dude that was defending him started to fade.

Possibly the biggest shot in a long time of Tulsa’s illustrious basketball lore!!!

Go TU!!!!

Reactions: Weatherdemon
We had a father and his two young kids sitting to the left of us and they shocker fans. Very nice and respectful. To my right I had another shocker fan who was an older looking woman, who was extremely annoying for the entire game and said " Get it to Erick" about every 10 seconds while sounding like Plankton. Then well after the game some wheatie said "see you in Wichita in a couple weeks" lol
You could hear some WSU shrew on the broadcast. It was atrocious.

The hang time on Joiners jumper was I dare say MJ like. Dude that was defending him started to fade.

Possibly the biggest shot in a long time of Tulsa’s illustrious basketball lore!!!

Go TU!!!!

Hopefully another "Golden Moment" for Bruce to put together

I hope Joiner, the rest of the team, and Frank Haith and the coaching staff are seeing a little bit of what we are posting. Seeing the love the diehard fans have for them and the team, after all these years of struggling.

I hope Joiner, the rest of the team, and Frank Haith and the coaching staff are seeing a little bit of what we are posting. Seeing the love the diehard fans have for them and the team, after all these years of struggling.
Also, I don’t know if I’ve seen it said on here, but props to the coaching staff for that final inbounds play. Sounds like Joiner wasn’t the first option, but it was a well-designed play and it forced WSU into a switch which resulted in Igbanu’s man guarding Joiner down the court before his final shot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT