ADVERTISEMENT

WR

TULSARISING

I.T.S. Offensive Coordinator
Jun 21, 2017
Anybody have any idea what we have at WR this year besides Jones ?

We should get something out of this subgroup of new receivers. Presley,(RB who catches very well/Receiver who runs very well.) Tempest, Mari Smith, and Camden Crooks.

And we should get some production out of some of these returnees: Shoulders, Benjamin, Rempert, & Wheeler.

Out of those 9, we should be ok. The other 5 or 6 should be 3rd stringers for now. Out of those 9, if 5 or 6 produce then we will have a decent receiving corps.

Last edited:
Reactions: TULSARISING
New offense with a completely different skill set needed. Should be interesting. Am curious about post spring transfers. This position is loaded with prospects but not everyone can play.

Reactions: Oak775
New offense with a completely different skill set needed. Should be interesting. Am curious about post spring transfers. This position is loaded with prospects but not everyone can play.
It will be interesting to see, once again, the movement of players in the portal after spring practice.

If TU is committed to a 4-2 on defense then they need more depth in the line. Reading Kelley Hine’s article this morning in the TW it sounds like the offensive line is in decent shape.

I had a quick conversation with one of the defensive analyst coaches on the OSU staff at a neighborhood party here in town last night. I asked him the logic of going from the 4-2 to the 3-3.

“It’s really hard to find quality and numbers when it comes to defensive lineman.”

We could use an “experienced“ hand at wide receiver out of the portal. It all depends on how many kids hit the portal after spring practice. I’d imagine some kids will realize, especially with a new staff, that their future is better somewhere else. Reality.

It will be interesting to see, once again, the movement of players in the portal after spring practice.

If TU is committed to a 4-2 on defense then they need more depth in the line. Reading Kelley Hine’s article this morning in the TW it sounds like the offensive line is in decent shape.

I had a quick conversation with one of the defensive analyst coaches on the OSU staff at a neighborhood party here in town last night. I asked him the logic of going from the 4-2 to the 3-3.

“It’s really hard to find quality and numbers when it comes to defensive lineman.”

We could use an “experienced“ hand at wide receiver out of the portal. It all depends on how many kids hit the portal after spring practice. I’d imagine some kids will realize, especially with a new staff, that their future is better somewhere else. Reality.
What would you call Malachi Jones who has been with us since '20? We'll be fine at receiver.

We need a couple of DTs, maybe a RB, & a punter wouldn't hurt. We can shed WR to get those spots. Surely we can shed 3 or 4 WR's out of the 15/16(Combo wr/rb) we have on the roster.

A couple of four of our 11 CB can slide over to Safety in spring practice.

Last edited:
Is he faster? IMO, Hobbs never fully utilized his skill set to the max like Keyarris did. And maybe some of that was Monty's shortcomings in calling plays and understanding what we had.
Monty called the plays for Keyarris too lol

Monty called the plays for Keyarris too lol
He never unleashed Hobbs b/c Hobbs played with QBs Monty didn't trust to throw the ball downfield. Keyarris also had other WRs around him and a great running game. I mean that 2016 team was pretty damn stout and pushed OU to the brink.

Reactions: rusty-c
He never unleashed Hobbs b/c Hobbs played with QBs Monty didn't trust to throw the ball downfield. Keyarris also had other WRs around him and a great running game. I mean that 2016 team was pretty damn stout and pushed OU to the brink.
So many problems with Monty’s teams but, playing the best teams close and always coaching the team out of the dub was my biggest issue. Sooooo many games against so many levels of opponents that game management, poor playing calling and, poor special teams caused us to lose.

If Monty had an OC or even a STC, he would’ve had at least 2 more wins a season.

So many problems with Monty’s teams but, playing the best teams close and always coaching the team out of the dub was my biggest issue. Sooooo many games against so many levels of opponents that game management, poor playing calling and, poor special teams caused us to lose.

If Monty had an OC or even a STC, he would’ve had at least 2 more wins a season.
A remarkably cogent post, considering it was posted at 4:20.

Heck , he may have had more wins then that !

Could be wrong but my perception was that Hobbs bulked up a little too much for his frame and lost some speed and agility his last year. He could separate prior to that and couldn’t that last year. Could also be he just had much better CBs on him without Garret and Lucas around

Last edited:
Chester is 6’4 and right around 200lbs, if he can put it together should be a nice deep threat and red zone guy

Reactions: Oak775
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT