ADVERTISEMENT

Wow.

hotterthanyourhusbandTU

I.T.S. Defensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2003
Talk about winning the press conference!

Coach Montgomery's responses to media questions couldn't have been better...

VERY confident. VERY aggressive. VERY pro-TU.

After listening to that press conference, I couldn't be more excited about this hire and the upcoming season. I think we're in for a real treat!
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Regardless of wins or losses, if he can get Goldie to run out on that football field, this hire is a SUCCESS!!

Great press conference. I got the same impression of him I got from D T videos on this board....great energy & a real sense of urgency. He makes you ready to get it in gear..now. I think one of the players interviewed on the Buzz said the same thing. Dane & Keevan are very excited. Even Mudoh (on defense) was excited. I think we're going to see a huge improvement from several of our current players.

I'm ready for spring football !

I sure hated to see us lose Coach Monty, but you guys made an excellent choice. He's incredibly deserving and, frankly, this is long over-due.

I am very impressed as well. However, I can remember getting really fired up when Keith Burns spoke at his announcement as well. Certainly not trying to compare Monty to a snake oil salesman. Just saying that positive things about TU Football get me fired up.

Originally posted by SicEmBaylor:
I sure hated to see us lose Coach Monty, but you guys made an excellent choice. He's incredibly deserving and, frankly, this is long over-due.
SicEm,

You and your fellow Bears have been nothing but Classy in regards to thiscoaching search.

It is refreshing to see this type of response from a fanbase. It makes me belive much more deeply that we landed a very special individual if he can leave this kind of impression on his fanbase.

On a personal note, I felt you guys got gypped in the playoff voting, but is is hard to deny The OSU put on a hell of a showing against Wisconsin. I still wish for the days when the conference champions would be able to meet each other in a bonifide playoff in a winner take all type of format. Now that would be an exciting Bowl season right there. And the only way a true National Champoion could be decided.

Baylor has gained a lot of fans here in Tulsa, and we look forward to following your team as they continue to dominate our instate brethren, er opponents, er rivals. You get my drift. LOL

Good luck next season as I know Briles will just reload and be right there in the hunt again.

I think one thing you will see with the quality of this individual is how Briles was kind of dragged through the mud in the last two weeks when all he was doing was fighting for his players and his team.

Bad got it right SicEm!

I've been a Baylor fan as an underdog team for years and have enjoyed their success immensely!
The Baylor fans posting over here have made even more of a fan!

I'll continue to root for your team with a little more fervor from now on and truly appreciate the class you and Monty have shown this far!!!

Originally posted by BasPlayr:

Originally posted by SicEmBaylor:
SicEm,

You and your fellow Bears have been nothing but Classy in regards to thiscoaching search.

It is refreshing to see this type of response from a fanbase. It makes me belive much more deeply that we landed a very special individual if he can leave this kind of impression on his fanbase.

On a personal note, I felt you guys got gypped in the playoff voting, but is is hard to deny The OSU put on a hell of a showing against Wisconsin. I still wish for the days when the conference champions would be able to meet each other in a bonifide playoff in a winner take all type of format. Now that would be an exciting Bowl season right there. And the only way a true National Champoion could be decided.

Baylor has gained a lot of fans here in Tulsa, and we look forward to following your team as they continue to dominate our instate brethren, er opponents, er rivals. You get my drift. LOL

Good luck next season as I know Briles will just reload and be right there in the hunt again.
Bingo! Its so nice to see a deserving team like Baylor dominate the other Oklahoma schools like they did. Keep it up! And thanks for your great coach we were lucky enough to get. Good luck in the future!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT