ADVERTISEMENT

Wow this is nice.

TUMe

I.T.S. Legend
Dec 3, 2003
I love the new car smell on this board. At no time will I be guilty of obstruction or ungentlemanly conduct. A thread will not be in play until it has travelled it's own circumfrence. New posters should enter at the halfway line of threads.

If you guys want to contest something, keep it shoulder to shoulder. LEC should be in charge, but I think he has dove into too many goal posts.

I had to dust off the user id and rack my brain for my password, but the addition of a soccer forum required going from lurker back to poster for the first time in years! Great addition to ITS.

Could we have a non-TU soccer board and a TU Sports other than BB and FB board? I care about soccer only if it's TU, and this board generally makes me want to shoot myself. I'll never see any news on other TU sports because I won't wade thru 50 posts about FC Toledo or some team from a country I've never heard of like Italy or whatever that place was you guys were going on about.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by the_boulder:
I had to dust off the user id and rack my brain for my password, but the addition of a soccer forum required going from lurker back to poster for the first time in years! Great addition to ITS.
Yes! The German Hammer is back! Fantastic!

Originally posted by chito_and_leon:
Could we have a non-TU soccer board and a TU Sports other than BB and FB board? I care about soccer only if it's TU, and this board generally makes me want to shoot myself. I'll never see any news on other TU sports because I won't wade thru 50 posts about FC Toledo or some team from a country I've never heard of like Italy or whatever that place was you guys were going on about.

chito, I understand where you are coming from, but right now, I don't think there is enough demand. There aren't enough posts about TU tennis/golf/softball/volleyball to have a separate board from soccer.

I want those teams to get some play in the forums, but I hardly ever see any talk about them. So far, there isn't even one page of posts in this forum, so it hopefully shouldn't be hard to find the posts on other sports.

Another idea could be to have a specific thread for each of the other sports and pin it to the top. Like a "TU Softball" thread that is pinned, and a "TU Volleyball" thread, etc. Would that help?

I just don't want to thin the forums out by having too many with only a little bit of talk on each one.

Not a fan of pinning particular sports.

If chito wants threads about other sports -- well, then he needs to start going to the games and starting his own threads, rather than complaining about the lack of other people taking the effort to share their thoughts about the sport.

To the extent I even get a vote, I say let's give the current format a chance before we start changing things around where it looks like we are favoring one sport over the other or every discussion is crammed into a general pinned thread.

No need to be a douche Huffy. I don't live in Tulsa and can't go to games but do enjoy reading about others sports (and wish there were more posts about them). But it's not the end of the world, I can always go to TU's page to get info. There are more posts on this board than all the others put together so I guess the people have voted and thats what they should get.

No need to be a douche Huffy. I don't live in Tulsa and can't go to games but do enjoy reading about others sports (and wish there were more posts about them). But it's not the end of the world, I can always go to TU's page to get info. There are more posts on this board than all the others put together so I guess the people have voted and thats what they should get.

There was no douche there, just real talk.

chito, if there comes a time that the demand supports a separate forum, then I'm all for it. Likewise, if there was a demand, we would devote articles to other sports...but there just hasn't been a demand for it over the past 10 years outside of a small group.

Tulsa tennis, men and women, are fantastic programs...but there isn't ever any talk about them until NCAA Tournament time.

Chito,

I like Women's Volleyball and Basketball, and try to go to every match.
I have posted before, in the "General" forum, but like Chris indicated, there isn't a whole lot of interaction to those posts.

I will start doing that again next fall, and if there is any tidbits that I pickup before then then I will share what I hear.

For instance, I heard through another V-ball fan that Coach McRoberts is really excited about his incoming freshman Volleyball class. So much so that he announced to the team that they had better work harder during the offseason as all four of the newcomers could easily suplant several of the current returning starters.

To me that means great things for our Volleyball team, and hopefully means another conference title and trip deeper into the NCAA tournament.

In Women's Basketball, we'll have a four star recruit added to the team.
They already play a style of basketball that many would view as "TU" basketball, and they are fun to watch. I feel confident that next year we will have a winning season, and likely challenge for the conference title.

Things are looking good in those two sports.

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to attend the other sports, but hopefully, someone that does will chime in with a few reports now that there is a new board that seperates these sports for the "General" stuff that can easily bury a thread.

I think I am gonna try and get to some of the TU softball games this season. Pretty good team this year and a good softball program in general. Nice little field with a new little indoor facility to go with it.

Originally posted by 2PoorTUFans:

There was no douche there, just real talk.

Yes, right, the difference between "real talk" and "douche talk" of course being whether you agree with the speaker. Or perhaps the distinction was intended to be "real talk" as opposed to "fake talk", which I believe is now defined to include Spanish, Farsi and French?

Originally posted by BasPlayr:
Chito,

I like Women's Volleyball and Basketball, and try to go to every match.
I have posted before, in the "General" forum, but like Chris indicated, there isn't a whole lot of interaction to those posts.

I will start doing that again next fall, and if there is any tidbits that I pickup before then then I will share what I hear.

For instance, I heard through another V-ball fan that Coach McRoberts is really excited about his incoming freshman Volleyball class. So much so that he announced to the team that they had better work harder during the offseason as all four of the newcomers could easily suplant several of the current returning starters.

To me that means great things for our Volleyball team, and hopefully means another conference title and trip deeper into the NCAA tournament.

In Women's Basketball, we'll have a four star recruit added to the team.
They already play a style of basketball that many would view as "TU" basketball, and they are fun to watch. I feel confident that next year we will have a winning season, and likely challenge for the conference title.

Things are looking good in those two sports.

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to attend the other sports, but hopefully, someone that does will chime in with a few reports now that there is a new board that seperates these sports for the "General" stuff that can easily bury a thread.

Right, Bas, I always enjoy your reports. Be sure to post a note in General when you do them! Would definitely enjoy reports from Jake on softball, too.

The TU Women's crew is pretty salty, too. They have a nation-wide rep, mainly because they've beaten nearly everyone else's boats, from top to bottom, at least once!

please don't talk about that ^^^.....i started a thread about it and got NO answers....i figgered we must have dropped it......i do love the women's basketball reports from bas since i coach it for 22 years in hs.....if i lived close enough i would go to the games.....

uzi.gif
nuke em

Originally posted by bluegold70:
please don't talk about that ^^^.....i started a thread about it and got NO answers....i figgered we must have dropped it......i do love the women's basketball reports from bas since i coach it for 22 years in hs.....if i lived close enough i would go to the games.....

uzi.gif
nuke em

The 22 years you coached were 1929-1951 and the girls had to stop at the midcourt line from going one way or the other. They wore middy blouses.
This post was edited on 4/14 12:40 PM by TUMe

and they hated those damn blouses...hell making a layup.....

uzi.gif
nuke kick ball

i'm just laughin with ya ol friend.....
roll.gif

uzi.gif
nuke gettin old...it sure ain't for sissies!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT