ADVERTISEMENT

WKU Next In Line For NY6 Love?

cbonham

I.T.S. Defensive Coordinator
Apr 23, 2004
This is weird. According to the article, Western Kentucky's rout of Memphis (20-point differential in which they allowed 31 points!) means they should be considered a legitimate threat for a New Year's Six Bowl next year. I don't recall Tulsa getting that kind of love this year or pretty much anytime in the past short of the 2008 season when we started 8-0.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...-respect-western-kentucky-as-a-ny6-contender/

cb

We would have pounded WKU the same way we did CMU.

We still have our coach. We do lose a couple of good receivers and our all time leader in every passing category, but I like that we have going forward.

Reactions: goldenhurricane2
This is weird. According to the article, Western Kentucky's rout of Memphis (20-point differential in which they allowed 31 points!) means they should be considered a legitimate threat for a New Year's Six Bowl next year. I don't recall Tulsa getting that kind of love this year or pretty much anytime in the past short of the 2008 season when we started 8-0.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...-respect-western-kentucky-as-a-ny6-contender/

cb

The writer is from FIU (a CUSA school). Blame the AAC. They have pushed Houston and Navy for the last two years.

The writer is from FIU (a CUSA school). Blame the AAC. They have pushed Houston and Navy for the last two years.
Won't change next year. Our skill position losses and LB losses are enough to start us between 3-5 next season. Houston & USF will get the attention. We'all go into Stillwater and take the attention.

We still have our coach. We do lose a couple of good receivers and our all time leader in every passing category, but I like that we have going forward.
Well, their bowl alignments are dookey. This AAC commisioner isn't setting the "BOWL BAR" very high. In truth, Tulsa vs. WKU would have been an entertaining game.
Since Fuente left Memphis, they have spiralled down just like East Carolina.

The cold truth is that there really isn't much difference between our best conference bowl tie in and our worse. I also don't see much rhyme or reason in how the bids are allocated. In the P5 conferences there's a certain bowl pecking order and they almost always are allocated based on records.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT