ADVERTISEMENT

Will Muschamp

TUgator

I.T.S. Redshirt Freshman
Dec 15, 2010
Hey guys. Not sure if his name has been mentioned (I've been on a cruise and haven't had internet access for a few days). However, as a Gator fan and alum, I think he could be a great fit for TU. Muschamp is a great guy and will eventually be an amazing coach. He got thrown in a bit over his head at Florida (not exactly the place to be learning on the job), but I still believe he will eventually be a top tier coach.

I know he has DC offers from Auburn, likely Texas A&M, and likely from a couple NFL teams. But, in the event he wants to try and stay at the HC level, do you think there is any chance Gragg will contact him? Would you guys be on board with hiring Muschamp if he were interested?

He can't be all that bad of a coach if Texas tabbed him as the coach-in-waiting to succeed Mack Brown just to keep him there longer. There are places with unreasonable expectations and not sure what happened to Muschamp at Florida...not sure if it was a recruiting thing, not sure if he just decided to boot all the problem children Meyer had left behind which drained some of the immediate talent on the field. There were some obvious problems for Florida on offense and Muschamp did not seem to know how to get them fixed whether it was the OC that needed to go, different personnel needed, etc.

He probably needs to be out of the HC gig for a while and get the coaching confidence back. Coaches struggle with it too, except everyone expects them to pump sunshine to keep morale up. BB did it here although he didn't have any answers to the problems here. I'm sure Brady Hoke felt the same way as did June Jones (who knew it and quit).

TBH, I think Dr. Gragg is looking to bring some excitement back to 11th and Harvard with an offensive mind which is why Doug Meachum, Lincoln Riley, Rhett Lashlee and the Baylor OC are all getting a lot of run here.

His name hasn't been on any of the lists I've seen. I don't think we'd be all that excited about him or anyone else who JUST got poopcanned.

Originally posted by Li'l Eric Coley:
His name hasn't been on any of the lists I've seen. I don't think we'd be all that excited about him or anyone else who JUST got poopcanned.
Pelini might be different. 9 wins, 7 straight years. Have to be doing something right.

Originally posted by TU_BLA:

Pelini might be different. 9 wins, 7 straight years. Have to be doing something right.
If you can tolerate a raving idiot every time a call goes against him or a player drops a pass. He is just a super jerk.

Muschamp will land a DC job that will pay him more than TU could offer him as HC.

TX

If that's true, then we're not as committed to this search as I thought. The landscape has changed at TU we've been led to bellieve.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by TUMe:

If you can tolerate a raving idiot every time a call goes against him or a player drops a pass. He is just a super jerk.
Agreed. Bo's a turd. Hoke's a slob. And Muschamp is Cletus or Enos from Dukes of Hazzard. I can't decide which one.

Originally posted by TUMe:

Agreed. Bo's a turd. Hoke's a slob. And Muschamp is Cletus or Enos from Dukes of Hazzard. I can't decide which one.
The TU fans will put up with an a-hole if he is winning.
We always have to have something to gripe about.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT