ADVERTISEMENT

Will Frank Haith Win Another Game As Tulsa Head Coach?

Will Frank Haith Win Another Game As Tulsa Head Coach?

• Yes

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • No

Votes: 11 37.9%

• Total voters
I honestly don't understand this. We're going to pay him one way or another. By all accounts he doesn't have a buyout clause. We would do better to just allow Shea or Kwanza to coach.
If losing to Tulane by 35 and walking off before the game was over and skipping his press conference weren't enough to get him fired, nothing will be.

Haven't seen you here before. Maybe have some insight instead of lurking.
Been here 5 years before you scrub.

My insight on you is you want every season to be undefeated top 10 ranked team. You're a troll who just bitches every second you can.

My insight on you is you want every season to be undefeated top 10 ranked team. You're a troll who just bitches every second you can.
I want every year to be postseason NCAA or NIT. I also don't call people Cowards for wanting the coach gone.

Reactions: TulsaAM
I'll pay up if you'd like because I'm a man of my word, but a proper bet requires both sides to accept the terms. Had Haith lost, how much would you be paying me? I never got your side of the deal. Jackoff.

Just having some fun. I realize I never accepted your bet.
Peace!

Reactions: Clong83a

Aston described what he thinks is adequate performance from a coach - "I want every year to be postseason NCAA or NIT." What's your view of what's "good enough"? I have to think that some of the people left here just don't care all that much about wins and losses.

Post season every year, anything less is unacceptable.... but you know, participation trophies...

Post season every year, anything less is unacceptable.... but you know, participation trophies...
Any Postseason? Seems like the team turned down a bid to the CBI one year because it said it would only do NIT or NCAA. There are two other tournaments out there.

Any Postseason? Seems like the team turned down a bid to the CBI one year because it said it would only do NIT or NCAA. There are two other tournaments out there.
Nope, NCAA only... Deep NIT run is acceptable in a down year, but not consecutively.

This was happening at Tulsa, we just lost it.

From Nolan thru the first couple of years of Phillips, our off years, weren't always deep nit runs. Sometimes there were early exits, sometimes there wasn't a tourney. You are wanting only the golden years out of the golden years.

Last edited:
From Nolan thru the first couple of years of Phillips, our off years, weren't always deep nit runs. Sometimes the were early exits, sometimes there wasn't a tourney. You are wanting only the golden years out of the the golden years.
Yes I am. Having high expectations is what builds championship programs. That is what I supported and donated to TU for decades to achieve. It is obvious few others believe as I do these days.

I will not apologize for my high expectations. One just needs to look around today to see what lower expectations will get you.

I think the NIT in off-seasons should be a possibility. We should be trying to have a program on par with a Cincinnati in terms of bball success.

I’m very much a “shoot for the moon so you’ll land amongst the stars” type person. But, I also understand the reality of budgets and the NCAA environment.

Last edited:
If he finishes the year, my initial estimate has dropped considerably from then. I now think 2-5 wins. I'm guessing 3 is where I'd lay my money 💰 down, if I were to bet on it.
Now I'd say 💭 3-5, not that far off from 2-5. Best guess is 4.(Not that far off from 3.)

Usually is a game or 2(like Cinci) where you win when you shouldn't.

3 or 4 wins in conference is awful, but we aren't like USF pulling 1 or 2 wins. That's not saying much.

It says quite a bit about the characters of the kids who haven't quit this year... that is all I will say about the current Tulsa Mean's Basketball coach at this time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT